02 Customer Service- Terrible

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fooj, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Fooj macrumors member

Right so my iphone broke, microphone stopped working, no one could hear me.

So I popped into my 02 shop, no apple store near me, they offer to send it for repair upto 14days, and offer me a courtesy phone. The courtesy phone would be a phone which I can phone and text on.

I then argue that this phone is not what I pay £50 a month for, I pay for an iphone, with email and internet browsing where ever I go.

It goes on and on, in the end the best they will offer me is some free minutes as a way of compensation

I feel really annoyed that I am now paying £50 a month for a phone that cannot do what I pay for.

Not to mention snotty unhelpful 02 customer services.

Does anyone feel 02 is selling apple short on this one?

2. lfc200 macrumors member

Perhaps they are selling apple short but not sure if it is the same in the uk as Ireland but o2 here do not fix the iPhones. All iPhones are sent to Apples repair company GLX i think (correct me if i am wrong). The quickest way to get an iPhone fixed is to call apple yourself they send you the box you send it back to them and they send you a refurbed iPhone. I did it with mine box arrived on a monday afternoon sent the iPhone straight back and had my new one Wednesday morning.
    I for one thought that was pretty impressive stuff

3. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

It would be more impressive if they sent out the new phone and got the courier to do a pick-up-and-return in the same box. That's what Toshiba did with my DVD player, and what RIM did with my boss's knackered BlackBerry. Then you're not without for any length of time whatsoever.

4. Fooj thread starter macrumors member

Well I did not know that was an option, otherwise I would do that.

Well if this GLX damage my phone in anyway I will hit the roof with them, they have already messed me about.

Its gonna be a long week with no iPhone.