02 Edge or lack of coverage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omfintrepid, Dec 28, 2007.

1. omfintrepid macrumors newbie

Just phoned o2, to enquire about EDGE coverage in my local area... where on the online coverage (general not EDGE specific) it shows a strong signal. The woman on the phone told me that although i have a strong signal and strong internet connection in my area there was no EDGE signal. She also couldn't tell me if there were any plans to extend the coverage to my area.

Am I the only one who finds this situation a bit odd and slightly infuriating, keeping in mind i am just outside London (zone 6) train wise. The internet is pretty snappy even on the solid blue box icon, but sheerly because its not EDGE that means no access youtube video's.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could possibly do or am i stuck up a certain creek without a paddle (or EDGE signal it seems)?

2. PieMan macrumors newbie

o2 EDGE coverage is poor even in London. On my journey to work from Earls Court to Battersea I don't see the 'E' icon at all.

3. paulobrad macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I'm lucky enough that the parts of the country I tend to be have edge, even though they're modest sized towns so its very hit and miss.

I only ever use EDGE when out and about - all about wifi at home. Don't know if that classes as "something you could do" but wifi access at home will give you super quick access to everything.

4. superted666 Guest

superted666

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

o2 are still in the process of rolling out there edge network so things will likely improve as they continue to implement it, I get it okay in parts of yorkshire.