02 Lack of info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natw308, Jul 6, 2008.

1. natw308 macrumors newbie

is anyone else fed up with the lack of information about this launch

you think that 02 would want to sell as many as they can and would not want to annoy their customers

2. adom macrumors 6502

Im guessing they might be restricted somewhat by Apple as to what they are allowed to say & do, pre launch

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Yep, it is very very frustrating to not even know for sure if I can buy it as I am on a non iPhone contract and would have to end early. Other countries have known this info ages ago and we are still left in the dark.

4. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I just wish they would hurry up and give us some info. Even if Apple aren't telling them anything they could at least let us know what the deal is for getting an upgrade (Instore/online etc).

5. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

I'm sick of the conflicting information being given out by o2 staff. If every person gave a consistent "no comment" or "we don't know" I would have more respect, but you can ask 3 people in 3 shops and they will give you 3 answers. A friend of mine was told he wouldn't be allowed to upgrade his current iPhone until 6 days after the launch, whereas I was told it would all be done online and delivered on the 11th.

Someone needs to send out a memo to all staff, really soon!

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Isn't the reason of a launch to launch something. To give the launch material prior to the launch would be to pre-launch it?

In the grand scheme of things, it isn't too much of an issue.

7. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

Frankly, o2 can launch this however badly they like, with as much confusing information as possible, making the product as difficult to buy as possible... but at what cost?

If I, as a potential buyer, am given conflicting information from various sources in the same company then it means something is going wrong.

The iPhone launches when it goes on sale. If customers are confused about how and when to give their money to o2, the launch will be a flop.

o2 will just be remembered as the company that paid all the money for the 3G iPhone and then totally screwed it up.

8. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

They are NOT restricted by Apple, just look at Italian's vodafone website, their PAYG price came out a few days after the WWDC. You would think Apple should restrict them as well dont you.

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Short of locking the doors for a month, even O2 couldn't mess it up that badly ;)
    The lack of information is transient.

10. Badgerguy macrumors member

I called four stores in Birmingham on Friday and couldn't get much out of them at all - specifically I asked questions on opening times and availability, and drew 'umms and errs' from all four stores.

That was Friday - Monday is fast approaching, and whilst a lack of information so far has been acceptable, maybe even understandable, tomorrow is the start of the week that will end in the launch-day, and if there isn't an announcement very early in the week then more and more O2 stores will be getting more and more calls from customers wanting to know, what time they should show up, and how likely it is they'll get their preferred choice of model.

--
    BG

11. MojoWill macrumors 6502

i'm more annoyed with all the annoyed about posts!