02 PAC - porting number to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Willis, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Well, 02 today have disabled my iPhone service around 10am.. 2 hours later, my previous phone shows inactive sim.

iPhone still says No Service.... Has anyone else experienced slow change overs for numbers?

It was fairly quick last time I ported numbers.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Try restarting the iPhone to force it to contact the system for authorization.

TEG

3. Willis thread starter macrumors 68020

Willis

I've been doing that all day to no avail... urgh

4. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

try ringing o2 customer services?

my number, all be it already with o2 PAYG, was transferred within hours.

5. marklonsdale macrumors newbie

Hi Willis

Did you get this resolved with o2? Its interesting, as they were supposed to be porting my number today, and I have exactly the same issue.. My old phone disabled at around 11am today, and now Im getting no service on my iPhone..

Havent had chance to call them to get to the bottom of this, but v.frustrating being without either phone

Mark

6. willx5 macrumors newbie

O2 problem

i've called up O2 and carphone warehouse and the problem is at O2 because they've had a massive system breakdown and need to fix it at their end and they can't give a timescale but they said it should only be a few days.

7. Alexxzz macrumors newbie

If your talking about the 16th-17th August Weekend it was just a system update, which was only in the business sector.
    I ported over from Vodafone and I was told by the under educated on business tariff store employee that it would be done by Monday (this was on Saturday). Then told by direct sales that it would be Wednesday. I went down to the O2 store and spoke to customer services on Tuesday and they pushed it down to 45 minutes after I put the phone down :p at 2 o'clock! Nothing like the good ole' nice person down at O2.

8. Willis thread starter macrumors 68020

Willis

Heya, just an update. I went to London on the 29th for the weekend and still had no service. I popped into an 02 store on Oxford Street where they were just useless... spoke to customer services on the phone and was informed the number was still 'pending'

He flagged my file. He told me to phone back with my PAC code again and see if it will get transferred then. Saturday morning, I restart my phone to check before I called them and voila! 02-UK... never been so happy to see it.

If it was a system error then the advisor I was speaking to, knew nothing of it.

The staff instore were adamant on telling me I couldn't port my number after 14 days of purchasing the phone. I told her that their policy had changed and I was allowed... Just to add I bought my iPhone on launch day.

Ho hum... hope everyone else who was porting their number got theirs done