02 RECYCLE - Include iPhone charger or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dominicrusho, Jun 6, 2010.

1. dominicrusho macrumors newbie

I'm getting a bit worried now. I vaguely remember reading on the 02 recycle site that iPhones must include the charger when shipping, but now I can't find the page. Has anyone else had to include the charger when shipping the iPhone? Problem is i've only got the USB cable and the detachable part of the charger, but not the wall plug.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

You will be fine. It's not that big of a deal to them. I mean you're still recycling anyways. :cool:

3. dominicrusho thread starter macrumors newbie

Still, I could have sworn I read that they wanted the charger included. I'm just worried that they'll lower the price paid or something if it's not included. 02, are, after all, jammy sods. :p

4. troop231 macrumors 603

Call 'em up and explain to them.

5. jamied95 macrumors 6502

I think chargers only have to be included with iPods and Cameras.

Edit:
    Only needed for the other things, here's the URL!

6. neilmacd macrumors 6502

Yeah, lost in the postage instructions page, under "For Phones"

• For iphones please include the charger

http://www.o2recycle.co.uk/instructions.asp

Not sure how it affects your price, give them a call maybe?

7. dominicrusho thread starter macrumors newbie

It's alright I've found the charger! Thank god for that :p

They could have made the info a bit clearer though, perhaps they do it to try and catch people out so they can knock a few quid off the price...very sneaky...

8. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

What iPhone is it and how much are they offering?

9. neilmacd macrumors 6502

I get that to, it is very unclear unless you read every page on the site, very sneaky....

"For certain models like iPhones and other smartphones we test more functions – like software, connectivity and full functionality so you may find that for these devices our grading will sometimes mean we are unable to offer any payment for it. In these instances you can claim your phone back within 3 days, there will be an admin charge of £14.95 for the return of your item(s) speak to customer service for details."

That bit I don't like, my 3G was fully functional, what can they possibly test to write off 100% of the vaiue?? And if they do, they charge you a mad fee to have it returned!

10. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Urgh! What a joke! Do you just need the plug, or the USB as well (I've broken all of mine!)?

11. dominicrusho thread starter macrumors newbie

They offered me £174.10 for my 3G 8GB, give or take a few quid for scratches etc. The whole charger is needed apparently.

12. neilmacd macrumors 6502

I would imagine they'd want the USB cable as well, the 3 parts together make up the charger. :(

13. jamied95 macrumors 6502

As I said, what a complete joke. I'll work something out... Does anyone know how much it'd knock off? Might look at some alternatives: envirophone anyone?

14. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

Damn it! I didn't send my charger as I went by the info on the first link. :mad:

It would be a hell of a squeeze in the tiny envelope they send you anyways. Will find out what happens tomorrow.......

15. neilmacd macrumors 6502

16. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if it helps the OP I sent my 16gb 3G off with just the handset and got full price quoted :D should be getting my money early next week :D:D

17. shandyman Suspended

i'd have gone with Mazuma, no issues with it at all, plus can get more dosh if you get argos vouchers :)

18. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Carphone Warehouse seems good, they pay for Recorded Delivery and don't expect the phone to be pristine... and they're pretty competitive, the front page says £234, but in the checkout it's £240 :) might go with them?

19. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

I'm probably going to use www.cashinmyfone.com rather than O2. I've used them several times before and had no problems. They don't deduct money for minor cosmetic problems, and if they do find any damage that means they offer less money, they'll return it for free if you reject their offer.

They're offering £197.80 for a 16gb 3G or £268.79 for a 32gb 3GS.

I've already placed an order with them. They'll hold the offer price for 30 days, so I'll make my mind up if I'm going to sell and buy a 4G after WWDC.

20. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

Is that for the 3g or 3gs?

21. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

£174?

I sold my 8GB 3G on eBay a couple of months ago for £300. It was in perfect condition, with all original accessories, manual, stickers and box but that's still a big difference.

22. jamied95 macrumors 6502

16GB 3GS, only £2 worse than O2, but CPW pay for recorded delivery, so it turns out about the same! I'll be putting an order in with them tomorrow night!

23. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

:p to you both I got more money from O2 than these two sites are offering (even with Mazuma's offer with argos vouchers) so :p lol

16GB 3G - £202.64 :D

24. mikey2004 macrumors regular

mikey2004

On the jiffy bag o2 sent me on the front of it, it has reference and 6 boxes, do i need to put the reference number they gave me in those boxes?