02 RETAIL STAFF NO "i" DEA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Holty123, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Rang every o2 retail shop in Lancashire uk area! 65% no idea if they were opening at 8:02am some even didn't know why i was even asking, it was only when they asked a manager/colleague, that they then told me all depends, every store is different only a select few will open at 8:02am SO CHECK YOUR LOCAL STORE FIRST! one store said the launch would be 6:02PM i then told them that was last November and get this two CPW said if their local o2 shop was opening at 8:02am then they would, wow staff rota must be a hard job? But more frustrating than anything was every 02 shop said check the website for more information!

I GIVE UP
    :mad:

2. barryallott macrumors member

And this supprises you?

You have to remember that these people arnt like normal people, they are the sub-class who think that selling 50 phones a day and making gazillions in cash for phone sales makes them the bees knees. These type of people get onto 'The apprentice' and we all know how idiotic those lot are!.

3. ANTMUZ macrumors member

Pretty much the same situation here for Manchester. They seem to know they'll have a lot more 8GB compared to 16GB, while CPW says they've ordered in more 16GB that 8GB.

I think it'll be best to ring towards the end of tomorrow, they should have a pretty decent clue then. But remember not necessarily an 8am launch if in a shopping centre.

4. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

I think that's a bit unfair. Most staff at o2 are working there part time whilst at university - I should know, I was one of them last year.

And I can honestly say there was no-one like you've just described in either of the 3 stores I worked in.

Remember people - most of them aren't personally interested in the iPhone, searching the internet for the tiniest new details. They know what they're given by head office - which, once again from personal experience, I can honestly tell you won't be a lot.

Cut the staff some slack please - especially on Friday.

5. Holty123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holty123

Staff

Sorry i have to disagree about your comment on staff The iphone is the biggest thing to happen to o2 i was quite happy with Tmobile for ten years before the iphone came out and i had to sign up to o2 to get the iphone! the staff should know what they are talking about especially when they are wearing a t shirt that says ask me about iphone 3G on it!!!!!! and the store manager should know if he is opening up an hour earlier or not!

6. Badgerguy macrumors member

Each store is going to be different - opening early like this is a one off thing for the launch of the iPhone - meaning the stores have to convince staff to come in early, and if they are in a shopping centre they'll need to negotiate with the centre security to open up early and allow people to queue-up.

If for any reason the individual shop can't secure the staff - then they may not be able to open early. If they can't get agreement from shopping centre management/security - same problem occurs.

So, whilst O2 will be /asking/ the stores to open at 8.02 (and probably instructing them not to open earlier than this and not to take pre-orders), there is no guarentee that each store will be able to make the necessary arrangements to make this so.

Best advice - call your nearest O2 stores Thursday afternoon to find out what their final story is - then you'll have a good idea which store to head to Friday morning.

My guess is that most stores will be pushing to get open at the 8.02 time - they'll know full well that they will miss that first rush of people if they can't make it open.

--
    BG

7. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

Normal opening times for my local store! Rang them today incase my one I ordered doesn't turn up! :(