02 uk questions about 3g iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Todd234, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Todd234 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm in the UK, I've never had a phone contract before and I have some simple questions:
    1. If my Dad signed up for the contract could the monthly payments be taken from my account?
    2. Is there a connection fee for signing up for the 3g iphone, if so how much?
    3. How soon after taking out the contract will the first monthly payment be taken. Is it exactly 1 month or can you specify?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

1) You can do.

2) No.

After your first month

3. chrissmash macrumors regular

Hey I have had this problem in the past, basically if in your dads name, he needs to pay for it, at least thats what O2 told me. No connection fee. One month from the 11th/activation before your month begiins

4. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

i believe they take line rental cost immediately. As it is line rental. you need to "rent" the line, therefore pay for the month before you use it. Calls will be charged a month after beginning.

5. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

The credit check is on a over 18 year old. Meaning you can pay via your card thats what O2 told me LOL

6. Todd234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help guys. I'm still a bit confused over the line rental. So the £35 would be taken immediately? Damn, don't know if I'll have enough money!

7. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Well.. if you're paying for the phone anyway, £35 aint a lot.

You could go the £45 for 9 months route so there's less upfront cost.

8. chrissmash macrumors regular

Ah O2, sorry its always a fun adventure!

You have to be very blunt with O2 when talking to them otherwise they just mess you about, easiest way would be to put your dads account on the iPhone and just pay ur dad each month or something, if O2 see two different names, they will s*it a chicken.