02 Unlimited International Data Roaming Package

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UKmacman, Jul 17, 2008.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

So I popped into an Apple store in London at the weekend to ask a question about data packages and going abroad and the guy said he did not know but an 02 rep was there so we could ask her.

She seemed like she was one of the more important 02 people rather than just a sales assistant (no offense to sales assistants!) and seemed to know a lot.

Anyway she said to me that 02 were going to be bringing out a worldwide unlimited data package for the iphone that could be signed up for for £30 a month. She said if you were going away then you just sign up and cancel it when you return.

Now this sounds like an excellent idea (although why you couldn't just pay for a month at a time is not clear - oh yes it's for people who forget to cancel contracts so they can make extra money!) and logical because otherwise 02 are just going to get hundreds (if not thousands) of people coming back from holiday and moaning at their £2000 bills for 3 emails.

Has anyone else heard of this or know anything about it?

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Wow, this would be perfect! I've not heard anything about this but I could see it happening at some point in the future. Not sure if it will happen just yet though...

3. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I haven't heard of this, but it's a good idea. Generally when I'm away I disable data roaming as there is so much free WiFi around anyhow.

4. stomer macrumors 6502a

It's the least that they could do considering that they lock the phone so that you can't use prepaid SIMs that are available in the country that you're visiting.