02 Unlimited Text Bolt on is BACK!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adamyo, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Adamyo macrumors newbie

As the title says, just thought I should make you all aware of this!

Now, go go ring customer service and get your unlimited texts for £7.50 a month.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Unlimited text for ~$15? That's amazing.

How much are your 1500 texts? (Outgoing)?

3. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

We don't have a plan over here in the UK for 1500 texts. Your get 500 included in nearly all tariffs. Unlimited is optional for an extra £7.50. Well if it is still available. It was with the 3G, but since the 3GS release there has been some confusion as to whether users are still able to get it, with some claiming it is available and others finding it isn't.

Oh and all our texts are outgoing, we don't get charged for incoming! Now THAT would just be silly!

4. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

Let's continue the undemanded praise: not charged for incoming calls, unless you are abroad with your phone ^^

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats UK, that's pretty cool and long overdue....:cool:

6. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i want to switch to O2 or vodafone.

but until then at&t will be charging us $20 bucks for unlimited texting and all that good messaging stuff.

7. ant131531 macrumors member

How? Those companies arent in the United States and as far as I'm concern, ATT is only in the United States so that would be impossible.

8. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

9. andypullen macrumors member

andypullen

Boy, it really would be!

10. jayenh macrumors 6502

Try a search. This has been brought up a few times now. As I have said in about 3 other threads, o2 brought this back the last couple of days in July but are not advertising it in store or online yet. You just need to ring or go in store and ask.

11. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I was making a joke.:D although vodafone i think owns 45% of Verizon Wireless. so idk it would be crazy if verizon wireless switches to vodafone! :D then again i'm joking!

12. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

this has returned since last month as I can remember.

13. walldawg84 macrumors member

really...?

I bought my iPhone 3g at the end of April, and when I was in the Apple store and was letting them set up my account I put the unlimited text bolt-on on (at £7.50 pm). Even in the month leading up to the end of my Orange contract and me chomping at the bit to get an iPhone I'd rang up and checked and they said that was available. Had it become UNavailable between then and now?

14. jayenh macrumors 6502

Yes, o2 removed it as an option (but not from people who already had it) about a month or so before the 3gs was release. Don't know if it was related. A lot of people were complaining that when upgrading (either from the 2g or early upgrade) they were being told they would lose unlimited texts from their contracts as they no longer do it.

15. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Does anyone know if MMS would count under unlimited texts, or would they be charged separately?

16. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I Believe MMS never get counted into free texts

17. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

unlimited txt's are NOT counted. MMS cost 4 txt's and that comes out of your 500 bundle on you iphone contract

18. walldawg84 macrumors member

That makes no sense as to why O2 would do that! ... Bizarre!

I can't imagine why people who were upgrading their phone to the new 3GS would lose that bundle though, surely it's only a hardware upgrade and a time extension on the current terms and contract, or do they make everyone sign up for a brand new contract when they change phone?

19. jayenh macrumors 6502

the reason is because it is part of the contract. o2, or any other company, cannot make changes to a contract without both parties giving consent. if o2 told everyone with unlimited texts that they were removing it those customers would have a get out clause for their contract and would be able to cancel early at no cost. however, when you upgrade you are effectively starting a new contract, meaning they can remove it and then ask you to sign it, therefore agreeing to the terms.

i don't know why they removed it in the first place, maybe because the iphone was about to get mms and there would have been confusion with some people thinking unlimited texts also means unlimited mms since 1 mms = 4 texts. either way, it went, and it came back again. possibly due to all the complaints as all the other carriers provide this option afaik.