'06 Core Duo MBP Screen Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bftiedt, Aug 1, 2013.

1. bftiedt macrumors member

Hey guys I have been noticing a small issue with my core duo MBP screen. While scrolling a page online sometimes a small portion of the screen will cut out and show the desktop background. The rest of the screen will still show whatever I am looking at online. It will stay this was until I either scroll more or minimize the page and reopen it. The anomaly doesn't seen to effect the performance of the machine other wise. Right now its just more of an annoyance than anything else but If something is starting to go out , I would like to jump on it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what it may be or is anyone familiar with this same issue?

Thanks

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I had the same issue with a late 06 MBP and it ended up needing a logic board replacement. I took it in the Apple store back in 2009 and they did a flat service repair fee of $200 to replace it. When I got it back they ended up replacing the logic board, battery, super drive, two fan assembly's, and something with the wifi.

Unfortunately its a issue with the graphics card going out.

3. bftiedt thread starter macrumors member

That was actually my fist thought. Could one just not replace the graphics card?

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

its part of the logic board so you have to replace the entire board not just the one component.