'06 MacBook > HDMI > LCD HDReady TV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by urutoramac, Dec 12, 2010.

1. urutoramac macrumors newbie

Hi!. I just connected my late '06 white MacBook to my Sony LCD HDReady TV via Mini-DVI to HDMI cable. It worked just fine, but I have black bars on my tv. The TV resolution is 1366x768 pixels and the MacBook, as you know is 1200x800 pixels. I duplicate the screens on my MacBook and I only have a 1260x768 image on my TV.
    - Is there any option to have the full 1366x768 on my TV and 1200x800 on my MacBook?.
    - How can I have my main screen on my TV and the MacBook screen off at the same time?.

Any tips for having the best quality or whatever?. This is my first time with my MacBook AND another external 'monitor'.

Thanks in advance.

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

The way to do it is to shut the MacBook so it treats the TV as the primary monitor. Otherwise, since the TV has a higher resolution than the MacBook, I don't know that you'll get it since you've got it set up as mirrored. Extended, OTOH, would get you proper resolution on both but then it wouldn't be the same thing on both.

3. urutoramac thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the lateness, and thanks again for the helpful answer.
    As you said, I had them mirrored. I've disable the mirror screeb and just moved the applications bar to my 32" LCD converting this as my main screen. It adjust perfect and I'm really thrilled how good I see everything! :D

If I'm not using my macbook's screen, I turn the brightness to none and turn off the screen.