08' 17"MBP: Which screen? Model Nr Trouble

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SamSchneeberger, May 27, 2012.

  1. SamSchneeberger macrumors member

    Feb 29, 2008
    Hi Gang.

    My Clutch, Front Bezel, and Lid are cracked on my early 2008 17" A1261 MBP (Matte 1680res non-LED screen).

    I bought a complete Glossy "661-4857" Display display on Ebay and it just arrived. I am not sure if its the LED High-Res screen or not. I googled it but am finding too much contradictory info on the net.

    Best case scenario: I just pop in the new one. Worst case: Pop open the working ebay display and put in my Matte LCD from the old screen.

    Anyone can help me out?

  2. pragmatous macrumors 65816

    May 23, 2012
    Ahh you'll have to pop it in and see if it is what you bought. If it's not return it for a refund. These are the risks you take when you order from ebay and do the repairs yourself.
  3. SamSchneeberger thread starter macrumors member

    Feb 29, 2008
    All I need to know is if the part number 661-4857 is the Glossy LED or Standard display.
  4. teksurv macrumors regular


    May 25, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    CCFL (Not LED) WXGA+ (1440 x 900 res) Pretty easy Google search...

Share This Page