'08 MBP connects to everything BUT my airport express

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ll PiStoNs ll, Mar 21, 2011.

1. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

Hey guys im having some issues that I cant find anywhere online, it is extremely odd, but I cant find any helpful information. Heres as detailed as I can get.

I live in a fraternity house with its own wireless network as well as ethernet ports in each bedroom. Me and my roommate are on the first floor and the router is on the second floor so we bought an airport express to hook up to the ethernet cable in the wall. The issue is, his iphone, my blackberry, my macbook pro (2010 edition), other macs, and my ps3, all connect without any issues. However, my roommates 2008 macbook pro will not connect. Sometimes the network will not even show up on his MBP, other times it will, and he will connect, but he wont stay connected very long. The weird thing is, he can connect to literally any other network in the world with no issues, even our neighbors network or the houses weak signal upstairs. The ethernet cable works too, but he just cannot connect/stay connected to our airport extreme network. My macbook, ps3, ipod touch, etc. everything else connects with no issue and his connects to any other network without an issue. DO you know what this could be?

2. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Try this:

- Forget the network in the MBP.
    - Disconnect the Airport Express power from the wall and leave it disconnected for at least 30 seconds.

- Reconnect the wifi and see if things improve.