08 office for mac does not recognize macros?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by John31349, Aug 20, 2009.

1. John31349 macrumors newbie

I am new to Mac and marginally computer competant so hopefully someone can help me figure out how to open macros on an excel program. Every time I try to open a macro I get a dialog box that says office for mac does not recognize macro's.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Office:Mac 2008 doesn't support macros. If you need macro support, you should install Office:Mac 2004.

We are bringing back VBA support in the next version of Office:Mac, which will be released in time for the holiday shopping season next year.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

4. John31349 thread starter macrumors newbie

Naydene

Thanks for the reply but that sucks> I just paid several hundred dollers for the 08 professional version. Will there be a user discount for updating to the new software or will I have to pay full price?

5. John31349 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nadyne

Thanks for the reply but that sucks> I just paid several hundred dollers for the 08 professional version. Will there be a user discount for updating to the new software or will I have to pay full price?

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

for the defacto office suite, not being able to support macros is so dumb, esp when its very common place in the pc environment

thats the whole point to getting office on the mac....to be compatible:cool:

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I have no idea what the pricing details will be for the next version of Office. I'm on the technical team, so that kind of thing is far outside my purview. We announced that the next version of Office:Mac will be released in time for your holiday 2010 shopping pleasure, so we'll probably release pricing and upgrade details closer to the final release.

If you're interested in more of the details behind why we removed VBA macros support from Office 2008, I answered a similar question in another thread.

Regards,
    Nadyne.