08 VW Jetta and iPod

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jmor, Mar 5, 2011.

1. jmor macrumors 6502

Okay I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post but I thought it would be a good place to start anyway. I've had my 2008 VW Jetta since Oct/Nov and it had been upgraded at the time to have an iPod dock through the center console. The problem is that the slot is too small for my iPhone and it looks too thin for a Classic or Touch as well, it looks like it may have suited an old nano or something. Anyway, if you plug it in its supposed to play through the radio/cd player and charge at the same time. So at Christmas I quickly looked and thought I found a wire that would work, as neither VW or Apple were very helpful. But it turns out I didn't look as closely as I thought and it didn't work, so now I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas (preferably a link) of a hopefully cheap wire that I need to get this working, or if anyone has any ideas of anything else I could do, I'm kind of lost and sick of the radio, any help to get my iPhone playing through my car?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

this should get you connected at least. now weither the connector in the car works is another story.

3. jmor thread starter macrumors 6502

I looked at that but it had very low reviews, some saying that it could not play audio, only charge. So I need something similar that will just allow the audio to play, as I know the car part works I just need a wire to get my phone to fit. If something will just extend that part while maintaining the ability to play the audio and charge it would be great.