09' 4,1 Pro with ATI 5770 Flashed GPU Card with issues

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kkanuck, Jul 16, 2011.

1. kkanuck macrumors newbie

kkanuck

I recently installed a flashed 5770 card I bought from ebay inot my Pro, which had 2 x GT120 cards in her.

I powers up fine, and looks good, no Apple boot logo, but I knew this would be the case. My problem is that if I leave my computer on, and it goes to sleep on its own, the power light on the enclosure stays on solid, and the computer locks where I cannot get it to come out of sleep, and it needs to have the power button held down until it reboots completely.

It will then work just fine, but repeat the lockup if it goes to sleep.

Here is the errors I get: not sure if it means anything... Anyone have a similar issue and know what might be my problem? I am on 10.6.8

Thanks in advance

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff80002251fb): "TLB invalidation IPI timeout: " "CPU(s) failed to respond to interrupts, unresponsive CPU bitmap: 0x1, NMIPI acks: orig: 0x0, now: 0x0"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.3/osfmk/x86_64/pmap.c:2741

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Well first thing I would do is put one of the GT120s in then let it go to sleep to see if the behaviour remains the same if so then I would say dying CPU, if not then something funky going on with the ATI card.