09 Macbook "kernel panic"....

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by amissus, Mar 10, 2016.

1. amissus macrumors newbie

amissus

I upgraded to a used Mid 09 13" Macbook from a early g5 Imac.
    My Macbook has El Capitan(I bought it installed) and it has become unstable. I tried to go back to Mavericks, Yosemite but it won't let me.
    I can't be on it more than 10 minutes before it shuts down and shows the multi languages which I hear means "kernel panic". Trolls beware! Yes I'm a newbie and atrocious speller.
    I have reinstalled El Capitan and that did not change anything. I was told to got back to previous OS but but I'm not able. What can I do now? (Other that toss it)

2. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I'm not sure why you can not revert to a previous OS unless you do not have the needed resources. Here is an article on how to go back to a previous OS. It is the same process for reverting to Yosemite or Mavericks.

4. amissus thread starter macrumors newbie

amissus

Thank you for the responses. I've Google this before asking on here so I've done a little leg work and tried to go backwards the normal way. I purchased My Macbook with a new hard drive, new ram and El Capitan installed. I removed the ram and reinstalled. I also reinstalled El Capitan.
    My Old iMac ran Lion so I never owned the other OS/s in-between. This is the screen shot from My Apt store. I can't go backward by the normal means. Is there any way to buy Mavericks or Yosemite OS from Apple or and out side source on disk or usb? or down-grade some other way?
    I've been working on this for a week and it's the first time working on something thats not plug and play. So my skill level is a 1or2 on a 1-10 scale.
    Again Thanks

Attached Files:

5. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Without information re: kernel panic, tough to tell.

Said that a new drive was put in: maybe drive cable is damaged. Many threads on the board regarding that.

6. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Not from Apple. USB installers with Mavericks or Yosemite can be purchased on eBay or Amazon.

7. amissus thread starter macrumors newbie

amissus

Thanks for all the help. Re-downloading El Capitan on a faster broadband connection did the trick.
    It is running fine now no more Kernel Panic.
    Again Thanks
    Mr. Amissus