Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hello,

My '09 mac pro hasn't been able to sleep quite right... i solved this with a bandaid fix by using a program called "please sleep".... kinda works alright, but has apple fixed this yet?

thanks,

r.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
There is usually a 3rd party app blocking the sleep. Try repairing permissions and reseting SMC and PRAM

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
There is usually a 3rd party app blocking the sleep. Try repairing permissions and reseting SMC and PRAM

i just tried all three, but it goes to sleep... then wakes up immedieatly.

could it be something to do with the screens? (dell 21")

thanks,

r.

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
Put it to sleep in regular way (button or :apple: -> Sleep) and check system.log in Console right after it will wake up.
Look for: "kernel[0]: System Sleep" and "kernel[0]: Wake reason ="
Post what is Wake reason code or all records between "kernel[0]: System Sleep" and "kernel[0]: System Wake".
This should give some light to your problem.

tsmiller

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2009
Hello,

My '09 mac pro hasn't been able to sleep quite right... i solved this with a bandaid fix by using a program called "please sleep".... kinda works alright, but has apple fixed this yet?

thanks,

r.

I have the same problem. I think it's related to the Intel SSD's. "PleaseSleep" works great for me.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
i just tried all three, but it goes to sleep... then wakes up immedieatly.

could it be something to do with the screens? (dell 21")

thanks,

r.

Some displays have that issue. Just use PleaseSleep, my iMac doesn't sleep either but I use it and it sleeps like a baby

tsmiller

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2009
Any reason to believe that? I've been using an Intel SSD for more than 6 months without any sleep problems at all.

Loa

I have 2 Intel SSD's setup as a software raid, and that seemed to be when my sleep problems started, also I noticed that the thread starter has 2 Intel SSD's.

Tracy

Loa

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2003
Québec
I have 2 Intel SSD's setup as a software raid, and that seemed to be when my sleep problems started, also I noticed that the thread starter has 2 Intel SSD's.

Have you tried what 666sheep has suggested?

Put it to sleep in regular way (button or :apple: -> Sleep) and check system.log in Console right after it will wake up.
Look for: "kernel[0]: System Sleep" and "kernel[0]: Wake reason ="
Post what is Wake reason code or all records between "kernel[0]: System Sleep" and "kernel[0]: System Wake".
This should give some light to your problem.

Loa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.