0SX.4 / 3 CRISIS - Any help . . .

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ismail1, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ismail1 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Sorry to harass fellow users, but im new on this forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have a powerbook g4, i had osx 10.4 installed on my machine, but it stopped loading, whilst i was a abroad, so i had my brother post me the bootup original cds, but they got lost in the post. i then got my hands on a 10.3 version, but realised they dont work, so i wiped my hard drive via using target mode with a intel mac.

When my computer loads with the cd, it first goes to a apple folder, which then starts the cd, and runs it. i then get a kernal panic message.

Any advice on how to install the osx 10.3 on my machine? i've read loads of articles and forum disscussions but i have had no luck.

I have also tried loading the cd via target mode, with a intel mac but it does not allow me, it says the cd has to run on the computer it is being installed on?

Any advice?

Thanks

2. eliteneo macrumors member

3. ismail1 thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you actually mean? will it be possible to get it fixed?

4. ismail1 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any way of wiping and reinstalling osx 10.3?

5. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

If your computer shipped with 10.4, then no, there is no easy way of installing 10.3. Downgrading is difficult to almost impossible.