Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
I don't know if it just came out today or not but this is the first time I've seen it. :)
Picture 1.png

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Maybe it's because these days it's all about the iPhone! :) I still love my iPod nano for running and taking to school because of it's size.

jdylan

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
Bagram, Afghanistan
What do you want...applause?

These threads used to get a lot more attention.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/764537/

Zero replies to mine in three days.

I mean, it is a very minor update to do with daylight savings time, and a few minor bug fixes. Not something that really requires "responses", is it? Especially if it doesn't cause any noticeable differences or problems. Not everything requires discussion. Download, install it, and move on with your life. Kind of funny you would even post the original statement, as anyone who connects their iPod to iTunes would be notified of the update. Are you one of those people who have to be the first person to post something new? And now you're disappointed because...no one noticed or cares?

Come on over here, I'll give you a pat on the back for the post, and a hug since no one replied. Better luck next time. When the new OS X is released, post something about how you received it in the mail a week early, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies.

macaco74

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
I mean, it is a very minor update to do with daylight savings time, and a few minor bug fixes. Not something that really requires "responses", is it? Especially if it doesn't cause any noticeable differences or problems. Not everything requires discussion. Download, install it, and move on with your life. Kind of funny you would even post the original statement, as anyone who connects their iPod to iTunes would be notified of the update. Are you one of those people who have to be the first person to post something new? And now you're disappointed because...no one noticed or cares?

Come on over here, I'll give you a pat on the back for the post, and a hug since no one replied. Better luck next time. When the new OS X is released, post something about how you received it in the mail a week early, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies.

Not sure this was necessary

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England

People have always alerted others to software updates on here and usually people reply or comment on the update.

Your response was completely unwarranted.

Razvans11

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2009
One major change

I don't know about you, but I have noticed a major change with version 1.0.4. My battery lasts significantly longer. My Nano is 3 months old now and I haven't been using it extensively; still, a couple days testing with version 1.0.3 revealed battery dropped to about 30 % after 2 hours of video watching at ~ 40% brightness level. With 1.0.4, after 2 and a half hours of "Two and a half men" battery shows ~ 60% remaining. I don't know what they've done, I'll be testing some more to re-confirm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.