1,000 photo stream images missing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Paul Chown, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Paul Chown macrumors member

Hi Guys

I have just upgraded my 5s and wifes 5 (via itunes on iMac)
    We both have the last 30 days of photo stream showing and my 5s is also showing some photos taken in Sept/Oct 2013.

Both are missing the last 1,000 images!

I have tried to restore from backup (itunes), but both devices come out exactly the same!

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

2. cynics macrumors G3

They are stored for 30 days to give you plenty of time to connect other devices and more permanently save them. After they are removed from photostream but still on the device that took them.

It sounds like you took a bunch of pics and let them upload to photostream but then didn't do anything with them then wiped the phone(s).

The pics that you previously had in Camera roll should all still be on the phone after a normal update.

However the pics that were previously in the photostream album that were older than 30 days will be gone more than likely.

3. Paul Chown thread starter macrumors member

I have the original images... no problem. Camera roll emptied, sorted and filed to NAS weekly.

I just liked having the last 1,000 images available to me on the go (i use to sort these as well) to show in the Pub etc!

Cant get my head around that i have some images from sept/oct 2013 in stream......The rest are missing!!

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

In all of my iCloud restores, it does a very poor job of reinstalling photos.

I have had hit or miss experience like you.

5. Paul Chown thread starter macrumors member

Still can't get them to show the last 1,000 images that was on my phone before update.... even with a itunes restore!

any ideas?