1.0gb in iPhoto showing as 22.7gb in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rossgumbrell, Dec 25, 2010.

1. rossgumbrell macrumors regular

I am trying to sync in the region of 8000 photos (800x532 - around 120kb each file) to my new ipad. The combined file size of the iphoto library is 1.0gb, however, when i try to put the photos on my ipad, itunes shows it being 22gb+?

I understand that thumbnails etc have to go onto the ipad aswell and this will add to the file size. But, 22 times the amount? Somethings going wrong surely?!?!? :confused:

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

How big is the iPad you're trying to put them on?

3. rossgumbrell thread starter macrumors regular

16gb

A message comes up saying that the iPad doesnt have enough room. I created a smart album with half the number of photos (4k) and the size comes out at 10.8gb, even though its only 1gb for the full 8000?

4. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I'm sorry that's really baffled me, at first I thought it might just be a little glitch and the pictures would go on no problem, but as it thinks it's 22GB I have no idea.

Sorry I can't help you out there. :confused:

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

I had something like that happen, but with Apeeture. Ended up being the smart album. I deleted it, then recreated it and it worked great.

6. rossgumbrell thread starter macrumors regular

its working with the smart albums, albums and full library. All reading about 22x the file sizes.

Have dumped the iphoto cache. nothing. :confused: