1.1.1 => 1.1.2 jailbreak itunes problem..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lofight, Mar 13, 2008.

1. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I have jailbroken my ipod touch to 1.1.1 with itunes 7.6, and now i would like to jailbreak it to 1.1.2 . I don't want to do this with independence or something but with the way you normally do it on itunes 7.5. For this i downloaded itunes 7.5 so that it would work. But the only problem now is that when i launch itunes 7.5 , it says it can't do anything with the library because it's made with a newer version.. What do i have to do now, to make itunes 7.5 launch?

I never knew it, but jailbreaking is a heck of fun!!

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

The file (i forget what it is called) Ituned prompts you that was made by a newer version, move/delete it, Then launch Itunes, and import your "iTunes music" folder, and off you go.

For the jailbreak, all you have to do is, downgrade to 1.1.1 then install oktoprep, than "shift+click" (win) or "opt+click" (mac) UPGRADE to 1.1.2 that you downloaded off the internet. than wait.

And off you go!

3. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

lots of thank!! i'll try this now.. If i have more questions, can i PM you?

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Hmmmmmmmm let me think......:p Of course you can!

5. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

another problem,

when i've launched itunes 7.5 and i then power op my ipod touch with 1.1.1 it doesn't show up in itunes. Only if i power it up in the safe mode thing, than it shows up, but then i can't upgrade...

What should I do?

6. mayonnaise28 macrumors newbie

After I accidently upgrade my touch to 1.1.4 and couldn't get the hack to work so I restored back to 1.1.1 and I had the same problem when I was trying to jailbreak my in 1.1.2, but I could never get my touch to show up in the 7.5 iTunes. So after hours of trying I finally reinstalled 7.6 and upgraded my touch to 1.1.4 and use the ziphone jailbreak method. It worked the first time. There are however some apps that don't work anymore (there is a thread listing them).

Is there a reason why you want to be in 1.1.2?

7. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

ah yes, because after that i will go to 1.1.3 :), and some apps require that..
    I'm totally not familiar with the ziphone method. How does it work?

8. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Here's the DL link: http://www.ziphone.org/
    I told you about Ziphone in the Pm, in case you read this first...

9. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

What does Ziphone do, even with the website i don't understand it..

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Jailbreaks the ipod.

the jailbreak works on ipod too, its not just iphones.

11. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

But fully automatical or what?

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

oh, sorry, yes, one click jailbreak, fully automatic.

13. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

I think i'll try that..

But is it really safe? can't i better use the other method?

14. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

with the ipod, its all safe, you can't brick it, ziphone is the safest, most painless way....

15. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

So, i tried some things. I did the jailbreak with ziphone after many tries. I had the BSD thing, and some other problems that ziphone said it was jailbreaked but there wasn't any installer icon on my springboard. So eventually i managed to do it. But many things don't work with 1.1.3 . All the iphone apps that i download via applerepo.com don't work :( so now i'm just going put it back to 1.1.1 :D

EDIT:I'm having problems with downgrading my ipod touch to 1.1.1 , in itunes it always says that an unknown fault has happened.. what's the problem?

16. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Did you install comunity sources? the apps should work from the folder "1.1.3 iphone apps"
    REPO is here: http://madpike05.googlepages.com/repo.xml

17. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

Only that folder?

another question? I now have 1.1.4 from apple, not jailbreaked, because i needed to restore it.. But can i go from 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 without ziphone?

18. 156457 macrumors 6502

Yes.

Plug your iPod in. Hold down the Power and Home button when it appears in iTunes, when when it disappears (after the iPod has begun reset) let go of the Power button but keep hold of the Home button, now after around 5-10 seconds your iPod will pop up in restore mode and you can downgrade safely to 1.1.1 using the Option+Restore method. This is called DFU mode :)

19. The General macrumors 601

My god, this has really gotten out of hand

Step 1: Upgrade your iPod Touch to 1.1.4
    Step 2: Run ZiPhone
    Step 3: omgz jailbreak'd ipod

Downgrading and all that nonsense, it's all pointless now. ZiPhone is as easy as clicking "Start Process" and waiting 45 seconds. ZiPhone does not downgrade your iPod or anything, it jailbreaks 1.1.4 as is. Just do it this way, the other way is a big pain in the ass and is deprecated now by ZiPhone.

20. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

thanks! i used that one and afterwards the recovery mode, how stupid of me. I just got myself in ziphone and i had the BSD again. So now it's restoring in 1.1.3 :p crazy..

21. 156457 macrumors 6502

Doesn't that only work for 8GB iPod Touches? Thought so :)

22. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

BIG PROBLEM!! both ways don't work anymore..
    When i use the DFU with 1.1.4 the ipod goes away and off in itunes when pressing hold and power. But when i then stay pressing home, it doesn't come back.. And with using the Ziphone in recovery mode, it hangs on

Code:
    [FTL:MSG] FTL_Open [OK]
    What should i do?

23. 156457 macrumors 6502

I don't quite understand your problem?

Have you got an 8, 16 or 32GB iPod?
    Can it be recognised in iTunes at all?
    Can you post a screen-shot of the ZiPhone interface and the message you're seeing?

If you need a good picture unload site, search for QuickShareIt, it's an application that works on OS X and all you have to do is run it and then drag the image you want to upload from the Finder onto the applications icon.

24. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

16GB

It can be recognised, and the problem is solved.. I trief some times again, and again and eventually the DFU methode worked... So now i have 1.1.1 jailbreaked without Ziphone.. But can i upgrade my ipod touch to 1.1.4 without being jailbroken and then in recovery mode jailbreak it with ziphone?

EDIT: i checked and the ipod touch isn't 8 but 16 GB..