1.1.1 bugs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfreak623, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

I have noticed that after updating, my mail app is lagging really bad. I have also had to restart my phone because I could not click any links in safari. Anyone else noticing anything wierd?

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

The iPhone Digg interface is totally messed up. The iPod still crashes when surfing the internet. The keyboard is very laggy when in safari. In fact, in general safari is acting really weird after this update.

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

iPhone Digg seems to be the same with mine. What are you seeing?

TV episodes are now switched around. Episode 1 used to be on top now it is on the bottom.

Video I was looking at also didn't show it had chapters. I'm 75% sure I put chapters in it. Will have to test more.

4. Jason Wong macrumors newbie

I've noticed that my bluetooth headset no longer reads "jawbone" rather it the bluetooth pairing serial number. Also no battery meter for my headset, is it only supposed to have the meter for the apple headset?

5. rightbrainnow macrumors newbie

I can confirm this same issue with safari. First time I had to restart. Second time I just closed the page, and then opened a new one. My iphone has never done this before the 1.1.1 update.

6. insocal macrumors regular

Mine did the same thing at first!!! I don't know how it changed.
    I am a little concerned that once it is paired with my car, a Prius, DEVICES has a continuos spinning 'ball'...kind of like it just keeps searching for other devices. I'm hoping this doesn't run the battery down even quicker??

7. jfreak623 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm takin my phone back

I'm very upset with the update. It has made my phone very slow where everything I touch has a lag to it. Its very irritating. Never had a problem before i updated. Anybody else had similar experience with there phone just lagging?

8. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

ZERO problems with mine after the update. Try a restore

9. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Anyone notice that sometimes when you are typing in an SMS message, if you drag across the letters "A" and sometimes "S" you get a "pop up" with extended character's like you would use with the letters in foreign languages?

This is very annoying if you use the press-and-slide method to make sure you are pressing the right letters...

It seems to come and go, but I assume it has something to do with the international keyboards in the non-US versions of the iPhone...

10. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Try rebooting the phone.

11. balsa macrumors newbie

Me too. It just happened to me today. I simply could not click on any links-flat out wouldn't work. I had to do a restart as well. Never had this occur previously, and I sure hope this doesn't become a regular occurence. Once in a while quirks don't bother me, but as long as this doesn't constantly become an issue.

12. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

Tried a restore but still having some problems mostly related to Safari. maybe i just need a new iPhone...

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

My iPhone is working 98% perfectly.

2% would be the SMS lag.

14. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

No issues since the update, in fact much faster and less glitchy.
    Safari works much better. Hopefully the next update will make things even better.

15. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

No problems here either, same performace as mfworks.

16. iPhoneyboy macrumors member

I completely agree... update made mine run much slower (especially switching apps)... very disappointing... the lag was irritating to me too. So I went back to 1.0.2. - much faster!

17. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Yahoo Push for me just doesn't work at all now since the update. Before it was sketchy. Even the added yahoo push button on/off now seems almost comical because it just doesn't work so why even offer an on option. I hope it's fixed someday.

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I don't think I'll update until these bug reports get cleared up.

19. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I am happy to report that the only thing i am dissapointed about with the new update is the double click to bring the ipod controls up is very unresponcive unless you hit like, the exact right spot. Also, the autocorrect keyboard doesnt always work, but thats not a new thing. Bsides that not unhappy with anything. Everything is much faster. Switching apps and closing them. Very little lag.

20. danfreeman macrumors newbie

Strange problem with AT&T SIM

I have a normally activated iPhone that I upgraded to 1.1.1 the day it was available. I've been using my iPhone with a DIFFERENT AT&T account SIM card (Cingular), although I still have my real iPhone account. It has worked flawlessly since I started using it before the 1.1.1 upgrade. It continued to work flawlessly after the upgrade until this Friday afternoon (10-5-07). I was checking my email on the iPhone and suddenly it crashed out of email and said "please activate with itunes". So, I rebooted the iphone to see what would happen and it has now officially locked me out of using my other SIM. When I put the original SIM back in, the phone works fine, but as soon as I put my other Cingular SIM in it says: "Different SIM detected, please connect to iTunes". I tried restoring with no luck. Anyone else have a similar "sudden" problem using other AT&T SIMs that used to work just fine? Any suggestions for a resolution?...I would like to continue to use my other SIM in the iPhone.

Dan

21. srt4cane macrumors member

yea i've noticed that pretty much EVERTHING has a very annoying lag to it now. SMS, mail, etc...the sleep button on top..sometimes i'll click it to turn off the screen and it'll stutter for 2 seconds and then go off. Another really weird thing is that i'll save an event in calendar, verify that it is indeed there by going out of the application and then back into it, wait a few minutes and when i return it's gone!

22. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Every once and a while when I wake up my phone, the screen stays blank and then after 2 or 3 seconds, the entire screen turns white. If I push the button again, the normal screen turns on but the screen is unresponsive. I have to turn it off and on again and the slider registers touches again. Only since 1.1.1. I hope the next update fixes it. :D

23. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

I also suffer from the sleep/wake delay, not all the time but sometimes.

And I find if you try typing text is Safari when a page hasn't fully loaded yet typing is SLOWWWWW. It was always a little delayed but now its unbearable. Have to stop loading the page.

24. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Sometimes when you unplug the iPhone headphones, the iPhone still thinks they are plugged in. Ring tones work, but no other sounds are audible (e.g., received mail, new text message, new voice mail, etc.). The speakerphone works, but if you try to use it as a regular phone the speaker for the ear doesn't work (you can't hear the other caller). The Bluetooth ear piece works during this time.

If you plug and unplug the headphones a few times, it usually resolves the problem until the next time you plug the headphones in. It randomly occurs.

I've found that it never occurs if I use regular headphones from an iPod as opposed to the iPhone headphones with the microphone.