Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackbmh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2016
Hi,
I just recently got an iPhone 2g from my local flea market and was able to downgrade the iPhone OS version back to 1.1.1. I wanted to jailbreak it and searched the web how to but all of the guides were outdated. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get AppTapp and SummerBoard for iPhone OS 1.1.1 currently? If so, please tell me how I can get Installer and/or Summer Board on my iPhone
Edit: Nobody has replied except for one person :( this really sucks because I need help

Last edited:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Perhaps this guide will be helpful:

The first thing you want to do in iLiberty+ is update the address for the repo. Go to Tools, Options, and replace the old address with the new one:

http://iliberty.insideiphone.com/repo.plist

Do not check anything on the main screen (Standard tab). Instead, select the Advanced tab, and then click the Refresh button. Then select the "Available On Repo" tab (at the bottom), scroll down until you locate "Reflash baseband to 04.04.05_G (BL3.9 only)", check it off and click Download.

Next, click the Local tab (at the bottom) and check off the following payloads:
- Activate 1.0 - 1.0.1
- Downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9
(if you are certain that your phone has bootloader 3.9 you can leave this unchecked -- it's harmless if you're on 3.9)
- Reflash baseband to 04.04.05_G (BL3.9 only)
- Unlock 03.14.08_G - 04.04.05_G

Cydia is included, however it's a very old version and not well supported as I'm sure you can imagine. It does work, but it sure doesn't like talking to the repo. There are also very limited options for software. I personally chose to leave it off my phone to keep the stock home screen.

When you're ready, click Go for it! After a couple seconds iLiberty should ask you to disconnect and reconnect the phone. After doing so click OK. You should then see a progress bar as the ramdisk is uploaded, and the status bar (at the bottom) will say "Sending ramdisk to device..." followed by "Booting ramdisk..."

Once it says "Booting ramdisk..." click the Other Tools tab and the 'Jump Out of Recovery Mode' button which should kick-start the process.

Pass 1 of iLiberty+ should now run, which looks like a lot of text scrolling on your screen. After 20-30 seconds your phone will reboot and display the Apple logo, followed by iLiberty Pass 2.

Wait for Pass 2 to finish (takes about 7-8 minutes for everything to complete), after which your phone will reboot.

jackbmh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2016
What new address? The link you gave me doesn't work
[doublepost=1473103335][/doublepost]
Perhaps this guide will be helpful:

The first thing you want to do in iLiberty+ is update the address for the repo. Go to Tools, Options, and replace the old address with the new one:

http://iliberty.insideiphone.com/repo.plist

Do not check anything on the main screen (Standard tab). Instead, select the Advanced tab, and then click the Refresh button. Then select the "Available On Repo" tab (at the bottom), scroll down until you locate "Reflash baseband to 04.04.05_G (BL3.9 only)", check it off and click Download.

Next, click the Local tab (at the bottom) and check off the following payloads:
- Activate 1.0 - 1.0.1
- Downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9
(if you are certain that your phone has bootloader 3.9 you can leave this unchecked -- it's harmless if you're on 3.9)
- Reflash baseband to 04.04.05_G (BL3.9 only)
- Unlock 03.14.08_G - 04.04.05_G

Cydia is included, however it's a very old version and not well supported as I'm sure you can imagine. It does work, but it sure doesn't like talking to the repo. There are also very limited options for software. I personally chose to leave it off my phone to keep the stock home screen.

When you're ready, click Go for it! After a couple seconds iLiberty should ask you to disconnect and reconnect the phone. After doing so click OK. You should then see a progress bar as the ramdisk is uploaded, and the status bar (at the bottom) will say "Sending ramdisk to device..." followed by "Booting ramdisk..."

Once it says "Booting ramdisk..." click the Other Tools tab and the 'Jump Out of Recovery Mode' button which should kick-start the process.

Pass 1 of iLiberty+ should now run, which looks like a lot of text scrolling on your screen. After 20-30 seconds your phone will reboot and display the Apple logo, followed by iLiberty Pass 2.

Wait for Pass 2 to finish (takes about 7-8 minutes for everything to complete), after which your phone will reboot.
Does not work :/ Also I'm not really looking for cydia, I'm really looking for installer or summer board

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.