1.1.1 JB to 1.1.2 JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by illweather, Jan 29, 2008.

1. illweather macrumors regular

I totally forgot how to do this, and the sites I went to before for info are not loading.

So I restored back to 1.1.1 (thanks TheSpaz!), and visited jailbreakme.com.

Now I have installer, and have installed BSD Subsystem. What's next? I can't remember.

I tried installing OKTOPREP, and then upgrading to 1.1.2 using itunes (by option clicking, and selecting the correct firmware). But when my iPod rebooted, it no longer had installer!

Anyone want to give me a quick refresher on what to do? I'm forgetting something...

thanks

2. purplephenom macrumors newbie

that's all supposed to happen. then youre going to run the 1.1.2 jailbreak on your computer, with your ipod connected...as to where to get those files, sorry couldnt tell you

3. EtienneP macrumors member

I'm stuck at the same thing as you. I've downgraded to 1.1.1 gone to jailbreakme.com and then installed OktoPrep. I then turned my iPod off and then on and then option+clicked update and selected 1.1.2 restore as the update. It finished updating and then I jailbreaked with the jailbreak.jar from TouchFree. It went all the way to the end and said my iPod should reboot a few times but it just gave me the plug into itunes screen and iTunes was saying I had to restore. I had iTunes off during the process which I know is necessary. I've been trying for a while. I just re-downloaded the 1.1.2 firmware. We'll see if that works.

You can get the files here.
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

4. oliverlubin macrumors regular

download iNdependence and start that up. it'll get it out of the recovery mode and finish the reboots and you'll be done.

5. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

6. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

My Pod went into recovery mode, and now I'm not sure what to do...

I'll try independence

7. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

Damn, says I need iTunes 7.5

Any other remedies?

8. EtienneP macrumors member

You've got to get the beta version on the google code page. It'll work with 7.6! I'm on my way through the official touch dev installer process now. We'll see how it goes!

9. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again. This is one long process when you haven't done it for awhile. LAst time I had to restore, seems like it only took me about 15min. Think I got it now. You using the Official version through installer?

thanks for all the help

10. EtienneP macrumors member

Yeah, i'm at 78% of the ipsw download so all seems to be good so far. I'll tell you how it turns out when I'm done. Glad we could help each other out.

Thanks for the heads up on independence Olivier.

11. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

So you're using the one from Conceited Software right?

Thanks for the help. I'm now have a JB 1.1.2. Getting ready for the big update.