1.1.1 Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i8hotdogs, Jan 31, 2008.

1. i8hotdogs macrumors newbie

Is it possible to use my current Cingular sim card for a week 42 original 1.1.1 iphone without activating it through Cingular? Will a original 1.1.1 iphone that is unlocked work with no problems with my current sim?

Thanks

2. i8hotdogs thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jaathan macrumors newbie

Any sim from any network will work as long as the iPhone is 1.1.1 OTB with anySIM installed. If the iPhone is 1.1.2 OTB then downgraded then you need some kind of turboSIM to use another SIM. Hope this helps

Nathan C.

4. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Yeah it should work. Just activate it and unlock it via jailbreakme.com and you should be fine.

5. i8hotdogs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I will have to look for 1.1.1 or below.

Thanks

6. i8hotdogs thread starter macrumors newbie

Quick Help Please.

I don't care about using a Iphone on other netoworks. I just want to use it with my current Cingular SIM card. Now the question is can I use it on a OTB 1.1.2 Iphone (week 47), meaning not really unlocking it, but can I activate the phone without Cingular knowing with my current Cingular SIM?

I have a seller who is wainting for me right now, please answer ASAP.

Thanks

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You can't put any normal sim card into the iPhone and it will work.

It works the other way around though. You can put the iPhone sim card in any phone and it will work.

But since it IS cingular, you might be able to call AT&T, and have it switched over. I don't see why that would be an issue. Now if it was Verizon or T-Mobile, it would be a different story.