1.1.1 staight to 1.1.3 problems!!! (MUSIC NOT PLAYING!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bigmfreeman, Feb 4, 2008.

1. bigmfreeman macrumors newbie

Okay so here is my problem.
    I successfully got a jailbroken ipod touch running 1.1.3. I previously was on
    1.1.1 and went straight up to 1.1.3. Everything seemed okay, but then there was a problem with my music!
    IT WASN'T PLAYING!
    That was a big issue, seeing how it is an IPOD lol.
    So i read that going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 messed up the DRM issues. SO
    I decided to try to go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3.
    I AM STUCK ON JAILBREAKING 1.1.2!!!!
    I am running iTunes 7.6, and I have downgraded (restored down to) 1.1.1. Then I have successfully installed OkToPrep and UPDATED to 1.1.2, and then I ran the .jar file. It seemed okay, but when it said it was "DONE" my ipod said that i needed to plug it into iTunes, WHICH is NOT what is is supposed to do.
    PLEASE HELP ME! I REALLY WANNA BE ABLE TO DO THIS! THANKS!

2. Yagi Karu macrumors newbie

Me too. I am also having this issue with DRMed music. I used iJailbreak to go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, i think it has something to do with what iJailbreak does to get the iPhone apps (downloads iPhone Firmware and Fuseses it with iPod Firmware.)

It would be great to find a quick and easy fix for this, because I just downloaded the soundtrack to Once, which is amazing I might add.

3. bigmfreeman thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya i used iJailbreak too! i wonder if they will fix that in a new version of ijailbreak.
    Does anyone know how NOT to get the iphone apps installed THROUGH the jailbreaking process in iJailbreak!?!?!!?

4. ipurner macrumors newbie

Temporary Solution

The guys over at ijailbreak.com have assured me that they are aware of this problem and working to fix it. Until then I suggest doing this if you had transfered your WiFi store purchases to your iTunes library

1: delete the WiFi store bought songs from your iPod
    2: burn the WiFi store bought songs in your iTunes library to disc
    3: import that disc to your iTunes library
    those songs should no longer be protected ACC format but just ACC format
    4: Move those unprotected songs to your iPod and they should play just fine.