1.1.1 still buggy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bostonian1976, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Bostonian1976 macrumors member

couple of things I've noticed:

1) added an old death cab album to my playlist that I sync to my iPhone. Files uploaded fine and album shows up in artists but NOT in cover flow at all.

2) reminders are popping up after time has come and gone, especially after a reset.

I love this thing but man can it be buggy. I guess it will be boring when it's perfect though right? :)

2. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I get the same problem when trying to view in cover flow. :( I hope they can fix this soon. I've never had this problem before with 1.0.2.

3. avboy macrumors newbie

Let me start off by saying, I have not hacked my phone.

For me, 1.1.1 is way buggier than any other iphone version. Until I updated to 1.1.1 I almost never had a crash, in fact I think that 1.0.2 did not crash for me at all.

This morning on the train, I was listening to music while using safari. The iPod software crashed 3 times on the way to work. After that, the headphone remote stopped working as well.

On at least 2 occasions today, I also encountered another feature of this release is the "screen flicker" basically when attempting to unlock the screen by sliding the "slide to unlock bar" the screen would flash bright and then turn off. Took me 3 attempts to slide the bar to unlock the screen.

It is clear that Apple does not care about extending the iPhone's abilities, but instead care about restricting it. It would seem clear that Jobs was out and out telling a lie when he said that Apple would take a neutral approach to the 3rd party applications.

I must say that on iPhone day (which was about 8 months after making the switch to a Mac) I was an Apple enthusiast (ok, maybe even a fan boy). I even "sold" 6 of my friends on an iPhone. Today after all that has happened since the release of the iPhone (No 3rd party API, price gouging, Ringtone fiasco, Press releases, and now 1.1.1 ), I am more of a reluctant Apple user. OSX is vastly superior to windows, and I will continue to use it. But instead of "The Steve" getting the "I'm not worthy" gesture from me, he gets the finger.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

OS X is still buggy too, and they're up to 10.4.10!!! I'm not sure there's ever a "perfect" when it comes to software. :)

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

My remaining Windows Vista desktop just bluescreened when I tried to use it. Again. All I did was try to play a music file.

Don't tell me about buggy software. :) Once again, this is another example of Apple being held to a double standard. Witha ny other product people accept bugs, but with Apple the slightest perceived issue is a bitchfest. I'm a little tired of it, frankly.

6. dangleheart macrumors 6502

<flame on>
    If someone starts off saying I did not hack the iPhone is a bit suspicious, especially a newbie. Why do people have a need to state that? To have more validity for your complaints? Why do you think we are going to assume you have hacked it just because you complain?
    <flame off>

avboy: You are dumping on the whole iPhone thing because there are a few bugs in 1.1.1 ? And then start ranting about the missing features. The missing features were missing even before you bought the phone. What has changed?

Good thing is, any bugs that are out there will be fixed by the next update. No big deal. Just Chill.

7. avboy macrumors newbie

dangleheart:

You logic is flawed in more than one way.

Assuming that since I have only posted one time to this forum (and the associated forum label "newbie" ) that I am actually a newbie when it comes to anything is just plain silly.

My statement about not hacking the iPhone was to reenforce my point that for the "Standard features" delivered in the iPhone, 1.1.1 was a step backwards as far as quality goes.

And I don't want to hear any lectures about software having bugs... I understand this, I am a software engineer and have been for quite a long time. Its for this reason that I understand how bugs happen. It is quite obvious that apple is focusing on locking out the 3rd party application community rather than producing features, or even a level of quality that I expect from an embedded device. (Yes, this is how the iPhone is being positioned).

8. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I don't have the same experience you seem to be having. At all.

I find my iPhone crashes far less than it used to.

I'm not going to argue it is perfect, but I have so far had zero problems with 1.1.1.

Maybe that has to do with how we differ in terms of how we use the iPhone or maybe it's the exact hardware or something completely different, but there we are.

Considering your voiced opinions on pricing, ringtones, 3rd party, etc it may just be that you're looking harder for problems with your phone than I am.

9. dangleheart macrumors 6502

avboy, as Sobe says you seem to be looking for problems too hard, especially when you say the quality has gone so far downhill with 1.1.1. I simply do not see it and hence my perception you are bloody exagerating it for good effect. So be it. Also, since you have already mentioned third party a couple of times, you are way obsessed with it. If you had portrayed a more accurate evaluation of 1.1.1 then I would have taken you more seriously. Now you come across as a fanboy of the hackers :p

10. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

1.1.1 works great for me.

My problem is this EDGE and the fact that it is useless at football stadiums. 100,000 people in a small area all using the same cells and it just bogs down to nothing.

Just when I want to check my fantasy football scores the most.:eek: