1.1.1 to 1.1.2 from 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by PolarisShadow, Jan 19, 2008.

1. PolarisShadow macrumors newbie

Alright, so i downgraded my iPod Touch from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1. Now how do I put it back to 1.1.2? I have an idea, but I want to know what you guys think first. Thanks.

2. jcs1088 macrumors regular

i believe you have to jailbreak it in 1.1.1 and install the 1.1.2 prep from the installer app. then upgrade to 1.1.2. you can always go on youtube and check out ipodtouchmaster's videos.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

are you asking how to jailbreak it in 1.1.2 of do you simply want to update it to 1.1.2?

4. VToX macrumors member

what you do is download the 1.1.2 firmware for the iPod touch
    then go to your iTunes and shift-click (option/alt click if you're on a mac) and select your 1.1.2 firmware. :)

Note: MAKE SURE THAT THE FIRMWARE IS AN IPSW FILE! To do this:

1. Make sure when you downloaded it looks like a little lego piece with an iTunes logo and an iPod (you'll know what I mean)
    2. If its a zip file, don't unzip it. Right Click it, if you don't have a right click mouse do ctrl click, go to Get Info. Then you should see a Name & Extension little tab in the middle. Just go ahead and delete the .zip at the end.
    it should be ipsw then. Just make sure it has ipsw at the end of it
    blabla1.1.2blabhlahRestore.ipsw
    :)

-vtox

p.s. If you have any questions just PM me or send me add my msn reidbg@comcast.net