1.1.2 and 1st party Apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by SirCrumpet, Nov 8, 2007.

1. SirCrumpet macrumors regular

SirCrumpet

So the 1.1.2 patch is out, now what I want to know is even though it will remove any "3rd Party" apps, do we still get to keep our Maps/Notes (theoretically they're 1st party apps).

Pretty Please Steve. I'll be your Best Friend Forever. You'll even be invited to my next birthday. :rolleyes:

Anyone out there willing to be a guinea pig on this one?

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I don't think so... adding calender events has been added though, i heard

3. alana22 macrumors regular

Why not just keep 1.1.1 and use Notes, Maps, Mail, and the multitude of apps already available? 1.1.2 seems about as useless of an update as it gets. Sure, some people chime in with the same old "wow everything seems so snappy now!", "it fixed my screen!", "it paid off my mortgage!", but aside from peoples placebo making them think this update magically speeds all their apps up, I can't see any reason to update and lose such great customization.

4. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

agreed. why would people update for things they already have plus more? lol

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

If you value the customization over speed, by all means keep 1.1.1. However, it is not my imagination; the iPhone is noticeably faster. I value speed over having a blackjack game and a nasty looking theme. But that's just me. TEHO.

6. SirCrumpet thread starter macrumors regular

SirCrumpet

Exactly. And to be honest, the only thing i'm really using my jailbreak for at the moment is the iphone apps (mail/maps mostly) - theres just not all htat much in the 3rd party apps that appeal to me.

I'll take any chance I can to get rid of the safari/music bug (or to have my mortgage paid off for that matter), but for me the prospect of losing mail is just too much. Thus I was hoping it won't remove those apps, since it may expect them to be there (from the iPhone). For now, i'm going to wait and see..

7. hachre macrumors 6502a

hachre