1.1.2 Due Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by firstapple, Nov 6, 2007.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Well, I am sure this has been brought up plenty of times. But I just got a mac mini and downloaded the new itunes. I had my phone synced to a windows laptop before. I restored everything and now have it syncing to the mini (which may I say is so much better! ICAL). Well, for the first time the update button shows Friday as the next time to check for an update. Normally if it doesn't find one it will change the checking for update info to a week later or the next tuesday. This isn't happening for me. So I am assuming that we can expect 1.1.2 at the same time that the UK gets theirs... Friday

2. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

The date given in iTunes is just a predetermined date based on when iTunes last checked for you. In the past it has had nothing to do with when iPhone updates are released. I do think we will see an update to 1.1.2 this week though. Seeing how Apple has waited as long as possible before releasing things lately, I would guess either Thursday or Friday will be when we get the update.

3. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Apparently several sites are reporting this day as the day 1.1.2 drops.

Seems like the only feature is an un-feature, re-locking phones. Apple is going to have to add some decent features to keep people updating, otherwise I see quite a few people skipping these updates.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Ive heard manual transfer or songs and other such (no need to sync) and ive also heard diskmode. Language packs are possible and they will fill in some holes, including the TIFF exploit.