1.1.2 Firmware Bug fixes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LordEntropy, Nov 9, 2007.

1. LordEntropy macrumors regular

OK so there is a 1.1.2 firmware and also lots of talk of additional calendar functionality.

However does this upgrade fix any of the numerous bugs people have been discussing here???

One springs to mind is the broken logic on some smart playlists.

Any others???

Has anyone had a chance to try out and see if any of the bugs they have experienced has been fixed???

I have a Blackberry for work so the calendar functions of the touch are not a concern to me but bug fixes are!

2. thePhantom macrumors newbie

Is anyone having problems installing the package?

I cant get it to load for some reason, I've got the updated versions of itunes and still no luck...

3. sxc macrumors member

Well the broken logic on smart playlists isn't fixed. Can't believe they haven't fixed such a glaring bug.

4. Eclipse278 macrumors regular

I've been using safari for a while and the music hasn't stopped randomly

5. LordEntropy thread starter macrumors regular

Disappointing...

6. Pared macrumors 65816

Can anyone tell me if on-the-go playlists are fixed??

There was a bug where if you were playing music from one of these playlists and you hit the shuffle button it would kick you out of the playlist. You should be able to turn shuffle on and off but it would kick you out if you tried to turn shuffle off.

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I've been having a problem where during playback of a smart playlist the ipod will simply stop playing when it tries to go to the next track.

This happens randomly and I can't figure out what track/point in the playlist is causing it. It only started happening a week or so ago but is (obviously) extremely annoying.

Anyone else see this?

Does 1.1.2 fix this?

8. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I downloaded it twice last night and nothing happened when i plugged in my touch. Itunes still says 1.1.1 is current version and will check again on 11/11. What gives?

9. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I think technically its not out until a later date,the known bug fixes are the fix of calendar and also the fix of the tiff exploit on safari. Both of those fixes are already available on a jailbroken 1.1.1 touch

I'm typing on my touch now

10. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

You need to SHFT+CLICK on the "update" button for your ipod and then manually browse to the extracted update file that you previously downloaded. Then your ipod will be updated.

11. MarkMe macrumors newbie

Videwo quality Q

Did they ever fix the dark video problem?
    Mark

12. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

Im not sure if this was a bug or not, but before it would take EONS to sync, and now it takes not that long.... im not sure what Apple did, if its just me, but i like it more now, its snappier.

13. texasguy macrumors newbie

texasguy

But which file do you click on to start the process?

I have downloaded the 1.1.2 files. However, there are:
    3 DMG files (parts 1,2,3); a firmware folder (with multiple files inside); a kernalcache file and a restore plist. There is no clear install here. Help! Thanks.

14. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

You need to LEAVE the folder zipped. If you have "open safe files after downloading" checked in Safari, uncheck it, then download the zip file. Point iTunes (via option-click as described above) to this zip file.

15. buffalo macrumors 65816

It is Option + Click, not Shift. Do that command on the "Check For Update."

16. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I think I'll just wait until itunes does it for me...:)

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Alt/Option on a Mac, and file needs to be still/re zipped.

18. cameron.ob macrumors newbie

cameron.ob

a couple small changes i found were

1. when setting an alarm Sleep iPod is separated from the alarm sounds
    and 2. when you hit the button in the bottom left corner while browsing photos insead of taking you right to setting up a wallpaper, it brings up a menu (like the iPhone) ask if you want to set it as a wallpaper or as a contact.

19. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I got so sick of not being able to listen to music whilst browsing the web that I happily gave up my 3rd party apps and iPhone apps to fix all the bugs and I am very happy. I will hack it when I can but the iPod itself is very stable now. Tabbed browsing is much better and just everything. On the go playlist works well. And I don't miss those dodgy hacked apps. They were all pretty bad.

20. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

Maybe I was just unobservant in 1.1.1, but it appears 1.1.2 added transition effects for Photo Slideshows. Current effects are Cube, Ripple, Dissolve, Wipe Across, and Wide Down.