1.1.2 jailbreak problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dcbo89, Mar 4, 2008.

1. dcbo89 macrumors member

I'm trying to use this method of jailbreaking 1.1.2, (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXfcnO4kjB4) ive done the oktoprep and have shut down all apple processes i believe but when i try to run the windows.bat file it flashes the command promt and then leaves right away, so i cant get past that step. Anyone able to help me?

I'm running vista home premuim 64bit and will try on a 32bit version as soon as i post

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

what your suppose to do is install oktoprep in 1.1.1 then update to 1.1.2 in itunes THEN you run the 1.1.2 jailbreak....... hope this helps solve the mystery

EDIT oh and make sure you have iTunes 7.5 I think you will find problems if you try updating with iTunes 7.6

3. dcbo89 thread starter macrumors member

yes, i did that, except i did use the latest version of itunes will that cause a problem because it hasnt so far

4. TheMonkey macrumors newbie

TheMonkey

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

apple applies fixes within iTunes 7.6 to stop the okoprep jailbreak when updating to 1.1.2 its best to get iTunes 7.5

6. dcbo89 thread starter macrumors member

from what i can tell thats essentially what i did...

I tried again in 7.5 and get the same result

7. dcbo89 thread starter macrumors member

I must be missing something, i've followed both your and the youtube instructions and i still get the windows.bat file flashing for fractions of a second before vanishing. Has this not happened to anyone before?

8. dcbo89 thread starter macrumors member

ok, sorry for another post, but this method is refusing to work, and I was wondering if there is another method i could attempt to jailbreak 1.1.2?

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

which method did you continue to follow ipodtouch master or did you try the forum post link?

10. dcbo89 thread starter macrumors member

i continuously tried both, but i got them to work (i dont see any difference?) by updating my java

thanks for the help though

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

oh yeh I forgot you needed java installed

glad I was of some help possibly lol