1.1.2 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TheMonkey, Mar 1, 2008.

1. TheMonkey macrumors newbie

TheMonkey

Can Somone Help Me Jailbreak My 1.1.2 Firmware So I can do the upgrade jailbreak to 1.1.4 ..

I can't find out how to anywhere

Many thanks

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

right ok below is a pretty easy to follow guide to jailbreak to 1.1.2:

I find the best iTunes to use is 7.5 as 7.6 has fixes in it which can interfeer with jailbreaking to 1.1.2

download the 1.1.1 official firmware and the 1.1.2 official firmware. Save them to a place you will remember. (if you have safari please turn off the auto open when downloaded option)

if your touch isn't already in recovery mode as already instructed plug touch into pc/mac load itunes up and then hold down the lock/wake button and home key keep them held down eventually your touch will shut off, keep the buttons held down and when you see the apple logo let go of the lock/wake key ONLY leaving the home key pressed down and eventually you should get the itunes logo with pic of the usb wire.

iTunes should now say its detected an ipod in recovery mode click ok, now depending what system your using for windows hold the shift key down or for mac options key then press restore and point iTunes to the ipsw file and click open, iTunes should start restoring your touch to 1.1.1.

Point the touch's safari to jailbreame.com, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on install AppSnapp and soon after safari will "crash" if you wait your touch will start to auto jailbreak (with an onscreen message to this effect).

to upgrade to 1.1.2 first step, go to installer then scroll down to sources, install communitty sources and when the sources has refreshed, go back to install and scroll down to 1.1.1 tweaks and install oktoprep.

Once installed plug ipod in to pc/mac and holding down the shift (windows) or options key (mac) click on update and point iTunes to where you put the 1.1.2 ipsw file and click open and your ipod will start updating.

####MAKE SURE YOU HAVE JAVA INSTALLED FOR NEXT STEP.... GO TO JAVA.COM TO INSTALL####

When updated grab the 1.1.2 jailbreak program and extract to a folder. If you are running windows then run windows.bat if mac then the osx file, tick install ssh and click the jailbreak button. When this has finised doing its thing your touch will reboot when loaded up a few times (this is normal dont touch it :p lol)

eventually it will stop rebooting and you will have a successful 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod. first thing to do is install BSD Subsystem, to do this in installer click install then scroll down to system and click BSD Subsystem and click install and install again to confirm.

if you require 1.1.3 jailbreak or 1.1.4 jailbreak let me know

3. TheMonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

TheMonkey

Thank You Very Much!! :) Really Easy To Follow!

I'm Going To Do Your Other One Afterwards Upgrading To 1.1.4

I'll Let You Know How It Goes

Cheers!

4. TheMonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

TheMonkey

Right Hit A Problem

Ipod In Recovery Mode Followed The Holding Power and Home Button.. etc.. Then I Select The 1.1.1 File and Open

It Extracts Then Says

The Ipod "ipod" could not be restored, An Unknown Error Occured (1)

Do You Know What the problem Could Be?

Thanks!

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you have another usb port try plugging it in to that and try the restore to 1.1.1 again

6. TheMonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

TheMonkey

I Tried All The Other USB ports, But still the same error message came up.

Is there anything else it could be?

Thanks!

7. TheMonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

TheMonkey

Finally Got It To Work, I Think I Was Just Holding The Power/Wake Button To Long.. :)

All Down Works Like A Treat!

Finaly Got A Jailbroke Ipod Touch!

Many Thanks!

8. zedski macrumors newbie

I can't find tweaks 1.11 in my installer app.

I have done everything correct up to there, but only have tweaks 1.13 - not tweaks 1.11.

how do I get it?

Thanks

9. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

Install comunity sources. You'll find it on Installer on the folder sources. It will refresh sources again and you'll have a new one called tweaks 1.1.1

10. LuisT macrumors newbie

uhmm.. where a link where I can get a 7.5 software itunes for my mac..

-Luis

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

12. LuisT macrumors newbie