1.1.2 Not faster...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Exsomos, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Exsomos macrumors newbie

I know this might stir up some Sh*t but i have a 16gb and the wife has an 8gb and she didnt want to do the update and i wanted to see if it was faster and all the music quality and such......

so after updating to 1.1.2 and jailbreakingmone, i took hers at 1.1.1 and mine at 1.1.2 and put them side by side, turned them both off and:

Start up: Same time
    Safari loading Macrumors forums: Same time
    Music: 1.1.2 did sound a little better, but couldnt have told if i wasnt looking for a difference.
    Spring board response: Same

That is all that i did wish i could have viedo taped it and out it on youtube, but i just dont have that kinda time.

Just incase anyone was really hoping for a perfomance gain of some kind, like i was. popped that bubble quick....:(

2. iLoveiPod macrumors regular

Yah...there was never any talk about a speed increase anywhere on the net, so i'm not sure why you go your hopes up and tested it. Tooo badddd.

3. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

There have been a lot of people posting about how it was faster...

personally, I think it was just a placebo effect

4. Exsomos thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

You must not read the messages often because thats one of the major things people that have updated said... "oh yeah, its faster"

It's one of those UFO sighting things... if you go to Roswell, New Mexico looking to see a UFO, you're going to see one... if not, then you're not going too...

6. iLoveiPod macrumors regular

I must not have been cruising the right threads then, cause ive never seen anyone post about a possible speed boost. Oh well. Personally, Id rather have a new kick ass app than a speed boost.

7. alana22 macrumors regular

Exactly. After every update people jump with joy and shout the usual "safari seems snappier!", etc.

1.1.1 is all I need until a real update comes along.

8. RyanG macrumors 6502

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=386415

Read that thread. Numerous reports that claim it's faster...

9. tennez macrumors regular

Lool I'm laughing with this post...
    Yea, I didnt want to believe how good 1.1.2 was until I now that I have it in my touch.
    Back at 1.1.1, I had my music crashing while using safari...or I had safari tabs going very slow...or I didnt have a very good signal reception, but now, it all seems to go better. Maybe is not that "snappier" but it all goes, for sure, smoother.

10. iLoveiPod macrumors regular

Ok. two posts above yours I said I had never seen any posts because i wasnt looking for them. Thanks for the link but i dont care...theres no real reason to upgrade to 1.1.2 anyways.