1.1.2 problem downgrade!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by APPLEFAN8, Dec 11, 2007.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I have read every thread concerning downgrading but I can't get it to downgrade I have downloaded the same file folder(i'm using a black macbook) and it extracts everything. Then my ipod is hooked up and I go to downgrade and IDK which file to choose our of like the 10 they give me including the Firmware folder. Then when I try to use a file in itunes I get error 1403. What am I doing wrong?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

youve probably downloaded using safari
    in the safari preferences, tell it not to open/extract safe files
    this will leave the thing your downloading in a .ipsw format, which is the file you use...

3. bng macrumors newbie

Trouble downgrading

hi i run on safari, and i've downloaded the 1.1.1 software like twenty times. it keeps showing up as a folder, not the little cube that i see on other sites. on itunes when i try and downgrade, i can't choose the newly downloaded 1.1.1 . i already tried stopping safari from opening safe files after downloading but nothing works,

BN

4. macintoshpie macrumors newbie

macintoshpie

you have do download it on firefox web browser or something. then it will look like a lego piece when done.:D

5. California King macrumors 65816

6. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Oh sorry I jailbroke my touch about 3 weeks ago but Haven't been on these forums to tell anyone

7. bng macrumors newbie