1.1.2 - The edge E turns solid colors once in a while

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbplayer5, Dec 4, 2007.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

indicating that edge isnt working.. this lasts for a minute or so sometimes.. Is there a problem in 1.1.2 with this? I dont recall having the problems in 1.1.1...

Thanks

2. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

haha. i have seen nothing but problems coming from 1.1.2
    so glad i didnt upgrade . . .

sorry about your edge, good luck

3. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

looks like its back to 1.1.1 then :) Thanks for the replies!

5. headspace macrumors member

That's not a problem.... 1.1.2 differentiates between EDGE and GPRS. If you do not have strong EDGE coverage in your area, the 'E' will disappear, meaning that you will be connecting at the slower speed. 1.1.1 shows the 'E' whether or not you are on EDGE - not very helpful in my opinion.

6. unity macrumors 6502a

Prior to 1.1.2 the iPhone ONLY worked on Edge or Wifi and would not use the GRPS protocol directly.

One the launch in GB and 1.1.2 came out there were reports of it happening. I can only assume this was a change done to accommodate the lack of Edge coverage there. I guess they though GRPS was better than nothing.

But I do not know if this works in the US on ATT. There are certain codes that can prevent this from happening. I have yet to see a solid box, buy Edge is all over here. Its possible that ATT may not allow the phone to revert back to GRPS. So it could be a tower side config or the phone itself.

Are you in the US on ATT with a regular non-unlock iPhone?

7. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

I restored my phone and put 1.1.2 back on jailbroken again... this time I didnt install summerboard...

Everything is working perfectly....