1.1.2 Touch . . . will Jailbreakme.com work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by spykedmartini, Nov 12, 2007.

1. spykedmartini macrumors member

as per the title, im wondering about the prospect of jailbreaking my ipod touch using that very easy meathod on my 1.1.2 . . . any help?

2. spykedmartini thread starter macrumors member

if not that, any other reeaaalll easy ways to jailbreak ipod touch? and any instructions on how to add the apps and stuff . . . im kinda totally lost

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

You have to downgrade to 1.1.1 before you can use jailbreakme.com. 1.1.2 patches the hole that all current jailbreak methods use.

After you've done this, you can upgrade to 1.1.2 and retain your jailbreak. But I'm not sure there's any reason to, 1.1.2 doesn't seem to add anything significant to iPods w/ jailbreak.

4. spykedmartini thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your help!
    is there anything else that i need to do once ive done the jailbreakme thing? ive seen something called okotoprep or something . . . what is that?

5. spykedmartini thread starter macrumors member

also, after putting 1.1.2 back on, can i still pestore my ipod and have the jailbreak erased?

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

There are various threads here that discuss this in detail. But yeah, you're going to need that oktoprep thing, just follow the exact instructions and you'll be fine.

At any time, you can always restore to original 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 Apple firmware, or re-jailbreak if needed.

7. spykedmartini thread starter macrumors member

thank you so much! im doing it now! wish me luck XDD