1.1.2 unlocked /jailbroken ????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by englishgraham, Dec 16, 2007.

1. englishgraham macrumors member

englishgraham

has the 1.1.2 version been unlocked and jailbroken by these awesome dudes called hackers ???
    i was gonna buy a 1.1.1 already unlocked etc but the guy in manhattan said wait til next week and we will have the codes etc for unlocking and jailbreakin the 1.1.2 and it would cost 50 to do it for me ???
    it beats paying 650 for an unlocked iphone when i could walk into the apple store and get one then pay 50 bucks to have it unlocked and jailbroken so i can put it on flexpay by tmobile......

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS OR WHEN THE ACTUAL UNLOCK ETC MAY ARRIVE FOR 1.1.2 ???:eek:

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Sorry to say, but the answer is that nobody knows. Anyone who says that they have an approximate date for the unlock to happen is lying.

3. stevehp macrumors 6502

First of all, paying $650 for an unlocked phone is insane.

All you need to do is find a 1.1.1 phone and unlock it yourself...Just go to jailbreakme.com and folllow the instructions once you get the phone.

1.1.2 has been jailbroken to do everything BUT the phone function.

4. englishgraham thread starter macrumors member

englishgraham

is there much differance between a 1.1.1 and a 1.1.2 ??? is it worth waiting for the 1.1.2 to become unlockable or should i just get the 1.1.1 if i can still find one ????

5. stevehp macrumors 6502

find a 1.1.1...

1.1.2 is a pretty useless update...a lot of people (myself included) haven't even upgraded.

if u find a 1.1.1 and unlock it u can always upgrade to 1.1.2 when it's safe if you REALLY want to.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Someone I work with bought a brand new iPhone in hopes that I could unlock it for when he goes back to Bulgaria. No such luck unlocking it.

I then took my own iPhone, he wanted to trade his new one for my almost 6 month old if I could unlock mine. Downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke it and installed anysim. No such luck either. I tried unlocking it at least 6 different ways and each time a T Mobile sim didn't work in the iPhone. Finally gave up, he's taking his new iPhone back to Apple and I have my jailbroken iPhone (running 1.1.2 now) with a few mods. So you see, it's not so easy to unlock an iPhone that is supposed to be able to be unlocked either.

He didn't want to pay to have it unlocked or buy a Ebay iPhone, he don't trust those either. Too easy to get ripped off.

He did offer to sell me his iPhone for $300 before he takes it back to Apple but I have no use for it.

7. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Get a 1.1.1, you'll have the old bootloader, which is already hacked, and thus the exploits will always be there.

You will never unlock it if it comes with the new bootloader, no matter what methods you try. For now at least.

8. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Unlock to all ATT/O2 sims (http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15849) then use the Bladdox Turbo Sim.

Allegedly a full unlock of 1.1.2 OOTB iPhone. I've not tried it but others on here have.

9. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

we need a sticky showing the status of unlocks.