1.1.2 update w/o losing everything??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by California King, Nov 14, 2007.

1. California King macrumors 65816

Is there a way to upgrade to 1.1.2 without losing all your music, vids, etc? The tutorials I've read all say that you'll lose all your info and you're basically starting from scratch.

2. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

You don't lose your info, music, or movies. Just make sure you follow all the instructions to the letter- so don't 'restore' to 1.1.2 (which erases everything), you upgrade to 1.1.2.

What does get deleted are the 3rd party and iPhone apps you've installed. But any stored data from those apps are retained. For example I re-installed MobileToDo and all my tasks were still there, and I re-installed the Books app and all my books were still there (it even still remembered where I was in different books.)

My mail settings and stored emails were still there too, after I re-installed the Apple apps.

3. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

This tutorial is on these forums I am guessing?

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

People have posted tutorials and tips here, but the jailbreak files include pretty complete instructions.

5. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

sucked for me because i did lose everything. at first i installed the oktoprep, then upgraded to 1.1.2. after it finished the upgrade i was stuck at the 'slide to unlock' screen with the little spinning circle thing in the middle constantly spinning and the ipod constantly making a clicking sound. i end up restoring to 1.1.1 which did erase everything. after the restore to 1.1.1 the rest if pretty simple and took about 20 minutes. now i just need to re-install everything.

6. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Man, that sucks. Do you know what you did wrong so I don't make the same mistake? haha..

7. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for being so helpful! :)

8. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

yeah you don't lose any music movies, etc. it even keeps all the summerboard themes and other preferences. Like my ipod kept my mail settings but i hadto reinstall all the apps....

9. csmitty macrumors regular

will it keep all your internet book marks and notes and stuff? I just redid all my book marks since i got a new week 43 and its doing the crash internet, shut off music thing which is really annoying so was gonna see if 1.1.2 helped.