1 1/2 year old battery on Mac Pro Early 2011 version acting up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LadyK8, Oct 18, 2015.

1. LadyK8 macrumors member

LadyK8

I no longer have my warranty, because Apple said I couldn't extend my already extended warranty. How much should I expect to pay for a new battery?

I've done everything as far as calibration and what-not, and it is still saying it needs to be serviced. I'm shocked it's even acting up this soon after getting a replacement. Ugh

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The "service battery" message that you get might not be that important, if your battery life is OK otherwise.
    Some folks get several years of use, even with that message appearing.
    Just watch out for significant reduction of the time that you can use your laptop on battery, and, of course, pay attention to indications that the battery might be swelling, such as flaky response of the trackpad (quite common).

And, if you are still concerned about the battery, and you purchased your replacement battery at an Apple retail store, it won't hurt anything to ask about your battery at an Apple store. Sometimes you get a happy surprise when they simply replace it on the spot. No guarantees about that happening for you, but there's stories.
    Otherwise, Apple's cost is likely still around $130, I think.

3. LadyK8 thread starter macrumors member

LadyK8

Thank you very much. I'm getting 100% now that I re-calibrated it. Yesterday (When the message started appearing), I was getting 97 and 98 percent.

Sidenote: It's funny we're located in the same state.