1.1.3 Changed Mail Account Not Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by doomnote, Jan 29, 2008.

1. doomnote macrumors newbie

I recently got another iPod Touch from one of those referral sites (yes they actually work) and so I got it all set up to a jailbroken 1.1.3. I'm giving the other one to my wife so I changed my mail settings to her email and now Mail is not working. I set up my mail settings for my email address on the other ipod touch and it's not working on there either.

My email address was working fine on 1.1.3 before I switched the settings so I'm confused. My wife's email is exactly the same stuff, just a different address... plus when I tried switching it back it still wouldn't work.

The weird thing is that it appears I can send email, but the Inbox screen just says "Load 25 More Messages..." and never downloads from the server. Just a spinning wheel forever. And when I do send the messages, the little send progress bar is extremely delayed and doesn't show up until long after I've sent the message.

Sorry if this sounds confusing but I just don't understand why it stopped working and am getting frustrated. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

*UPDATED*: Wow I feel like such a nub. All it took was a restart of both. Now both Mails are working just dandy. Thought I would leave the rest of the message though in case anyone else is noticing anything weird... ALWAYS TRY RESTARTING FIRST! : P

2. SixersFan macrumors newbie

Empty mailbox

I had the same message. I googled the error and found that it is the strange message that you get when you have no mail on your server (comcast POP email server in my case). When I sent myself an email on the iPod touch and checked it again on my Touch the email was in my inbox and the message went away...

3. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

sorry this is off subject, but can i ask what site you used to get your ipod, i've tried some of those sites before but never actually finished them :rolleyes: