1.1.3 Downgrade on Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by AndrewVenner, Jan 17, 2008.

1. AndrewVenner macrumors member

I accidentally did some stupid thing, and I had to restore my settings. Unfortunately, it upgraded to 1.1.3, and I can't downgrade anymore. If anyone can tell me how that would help a lot. I tried to use iphuc, but it won't work for me for some reason.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

same here, I don't really understand terminal.

What do I do when it says to navigate to a directory?
    do I just type in /Users/Username/Desktop/Down113-Universal?
    when I try it either says its just a directory or when I try to do the ./iPhuc it gives an error.

Sorry I think I need step by step, word for word on this one.

Thanks for helping

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Alright, so far (and I'm assuming I'm doing this wrong) but I've tried everything. The closest I've gotten ( I think) is to type:
    It comes up with errors, saying ... is a directory (I'm assuming that's a folder) and other times when I try a different set up it says that permissions are denied. I'm getting pretty annoyed.

4. PolarisShadow macrumors newbie

! Ah I think I got it! Thanks to some help from a friend, I believe you need to type in "cd <Folder directory here>" So it'll look like: cd /Users/randomperson/Desktop/Down113-Universal/

Then pressing enter will change the directory (cd command is change directory)

Now you can continue. I will verify this soon.

EDIT: Alright, after wrestling with Terminal for almost an hour, I have come to the conclusion that this hack does not work. Even trying the "sudo" prefix and entering my pass does not work. Is there some special "super user do" password for this application?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Alright I restored my iPod. I went and got my PC out of storage and spent twenty minutes setting it up and another thirty jailbreaking. I'm sticking with 1.1.2 and staying until there are really convincing apps from the SDK

7. AndrewVenner thread starter macrumors member

Hey, I actually got my iPod to downgrade. The only thing is, I was only able to do it on a pc so if you have a mac, you might want to use a friend's computer to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakjwxB3nQU

Really works.

8. tuanapple macrumors newbie

Yes.. well done. But i dont know where's the Rapidshare link? I can't do without that zip's file. pls let me know. thanks bros

9. AndrewVenner thread starter macrumors member

If you're talking about the 1.1.1 firmware itself, you can download it from here. http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Firmware_download