1.1.3 Firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phalewhale, Dec 6, 2007.

1. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Hey everyone,

I've read in a couple of places that the 1.1.3 firmware should be released very soon - as in imminently!

The reason has been been reported here... but for those of you who can't be bothered to look, it essentially boils down to this:

The firmware upgrade is needed because those people who bought an officially unlocked iPhone from T-Mobile in Germany have reported problems with the SMS and Phone application crashing. Now I have no idea if this will be happening soon. I did a quick search in the iPhone forum and couldn't find anything to do with firmware 1.1.3 so, the purpose of this thread is to keep news about the next firmware release in one place.

2. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

To the mods...

Actually I think this may be better off in the iPhone hacks forum? That is the reason for my interest in this topic at least... Will a moderator be able to help?

Sorry about that.

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Yeah, these so called "places" are directly quoting info that have been circulating on IRC iphone-dev channels since weeks.

From the info I have, it will be released before xmas and highly probable will not update the baseband leaving those waiting for the new secpack in the dust.

4. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Nutz!

Oh dear. if that means an unlock to any network (vodafone) aint gonna be happening this year then it looks like I won't be buying one to keep. There's no way I'm forking out £269 then an extra £15 a month.

NUTZ!

5. GTiPhone macrumors regular

OMG is their anyone still on this damn site that lives in the freaking US??????

WHY, whyy why why why why have the admins not separated the UK and US into different forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Why don't you take your head out of your arrogant American a$$ and realise that you are not the ONLY country in the world. I see this too many times on forums.

If your argument, and the way you put it across wasn't so childish and arrogant in appearance, I (and possibly many others) would be able to see past it and realise that it might actually make sense to separate forums for locale specific items like the iPhone. In other words, make your point but don't act like a spoilt 12 year old (unless of course you are).

7. sokrates macrumors member

why? are you jealous for not living outside of the us yourself? :rolleyes:

8. sananda macrumors 68020

apartheid??

why would 1.1.3 be a UK only matter?