1.1.3 Glitches ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devil's Refugee, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

Had a real panic this morning when I couldn't unlock my iPhone. Updated to 1.1.3 last night, then this morning checked email, phone locked itself as usual, returned to the phone and the screen didn't recognise any input !

Tried the slider again, no response. Pressed the On/Off switch, screen for Slide to Off/ Cancel appeared as normal but still no input being recognised.

Can't remember what I did next (think I switched the ringer on and off and pressed the On/ Off switch again) and finally got the slider to unlock.

Works fine now, but wondering if anyone else has had any bother ?

Btw, love the update with multiple SMS, Maps, Home Screens. Brilliant.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Occasionally things crash, I've had it happen before and it's nothing a reboot wont fix.

3. stekerrod macrumors regular

i dont think it's a specific 1.1.3 issue...... i've had that problem a couple of times with 1.1.2 ......and loving the 1.1.3 update so far....it's making the iPhone experience even better!

4. Aries326 macrumors 6502

Agree, I had the same thing happen to me once when my phone was about a week old.

5. andy007 macrumors regular

I've had a problem since updating with the alarm. Set it for this morning and it didnt go off, ended up 2 hours late for work.

It was displaying the snooze option that appears when your alarm goes off, but no sound was coming out of the speakers.

Not a great start to the day considering i needed get up early as where i work was quite badly flooded and needed the extra time beat the traffic.

6. CyberGreg macrumors regular

I've seen that before the 1.1.3 update as well. Technically the alarm did go off. Perhaps, as happened to me, the alarm was looking for a non existing or non working sound. I still have all my ringtones from iToner on my phone but none of them produce any sound after the 1.1.3 update.
    :cool:

7. iStefmac macrumors regular

Can the OP please request the title of this thread changed or have it deleted entirely?

The last thing we need is a thread called "1.1.3 BUGSZOMG!" on the frigging front page over normal iPhone occasional behavior.

ZOMG! My new iMac has Da BUG!!! It just frioze!
    :cool:

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

haha i agree with you. i dont like when people get one freeze and its like its a fatal error

9. Devil's Refugee thread starter macrumors 6502

I never said it was a 'fatal error' and I've not experienced any problems with the phone so far (having owned it since launch)
    There are also numerous glitches I'm finding with this update, but obviously you're not interested. I'm not in the habit of writing knee-jerk posts either.

Get a grip.

10. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

If you only have one home screen, but have it full (all 16 spots and the dock) and then click to add a bookmark to the home screen, but cancel... you now have two home screens, with one of them completely blank.

That's the closest thing to a bug I've found.

11. skp574 macrumors 6502

Since I updated to 1.1.3 I managed to find a bug.

The update all went well. Went on the train to work listening to music. I got to work and removed my headphones then left phone on the desk. Someone called me and when I answered I couldn't hear them. I called them back and the call connected but still couldn't hear them. I also noticed that the display didn't turn off when I put it to my ear.

I had to restart in the end.

It now seems since the update that you can have different volume levels for the ringer when headphones are connected. It would seem as though that my phone thought my headphones were still connected even though they weren't.

On a side note.... please, please, please can the next update allow me to change the really poor sound for other system alerts, since the update I can't hear when I get a text or email. I want my old (jailbroken) alerts back.

12. alFR macrumors 68020

Can't help with the email, but you can change the text alert from settings > sounds.

13. BarryJe macrumors newbie

Glitch!

I had this glitch in 1.1.2 and it is annoying! I upgraded to 1.1.3 in hopes of having this problem fixed but carried over :( I use gmail for my email and I use IMAP for iphone and outlook on my pc. When I receive 1 email on my phone, the little red number on my homescreen usually will say I have two emails. If I receive 3 emails it will say I have six. If I delete the 3 emails I received, it will still say I have 3 left. It is almost like a double email is coming through the server....any ideas?

14. mas90guru macrumors member

I have my email coming in via imap and pretty frequently am seeing double emails. This was happening in 1.1.2 as well.

15. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

glitches that I notice are when I press the home key once the phone has been locked, it would go to the calculator app, and I also notice that the Edge or Wifi icon sometimes look like a solid block.

16. chanler macrumors newbie

1.1.3 New Issue

Morning all,
    I was pretty excited to see the updates in 1.1.3 until I ran into the issue of iTunes not recognizing my iPhone....

Here’s the run down;

iTunes 7.4 sync’d with iPod & iPhone no issue has worked fine for months.

iTunes 7.6 sync’s with iPod but will not sync with iPhone (1.1.2 (3B48b))

Message: An iPhone has been detected but can not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPhone and try again.

I have disconnected and reconnected now approx 25 times... uninstalled iTunes, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update and Quick Time several times.

Thinking it may be the USB... I tried 2 different USB cables (that both worked 7.4) without success.

Even thought it could be data/settings on the iPhone so I reset it (no luck) and then erased everything on it.... (same results). :(

iPhone is working fine and nothing has happened to it to cause it to not be recognized.

Any suggestions at this point would be greatly appreciated.
    ~Chanler

17. snapper07 macrumors 6502

same thing happened to me yesterday never happened b4 i put it on dock and it woke up then turned it off and back on again been fine so far!

18. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Safari stability issues still a problem

That is my main glitch after a day

Crashed twice on me already

19. kbunch macrumors member

kbunch

I have seen the same issue as the OP with my boss's iPhone. He received a call but the slider was locked. It would not take any input. I also had an issue ending a call. I pushed the red button but nothing happened, it took about 5 taps to get it to end. I have only seen this since the new update.

20. vdeleon23 macrumors newbie

txt message glitch

I did the software upgrade on my phone yesterday, and just realized that there is a glitch (or it could've possibly always been there and i never realized it 'cuz i just got my phone less than a week ago) in the text conversations. I'll send a text response to someone....if i go back to the messages menu and go back in to the conversation, the last response from the person i'm texting will move to the bottom of the conversation, rather than the message i just sent them. It's kind of weird, and makes it confusing when i go back to re-read the conversation. I was just wondering if it was just me, or if other people have noticed this quirk?

21. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Today I tried pairing up my Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS to my 1.1.3 iPhone to use the handsfree, something that I was always able to do before the update. It paired up, then disconnected a minute later. Trying to use the iPhone a minute later wouldn't work, the iPhone was dead and needed to be reset.

One other minor bug is when using something such as YouTube and a SMS comes in. It will ask if you want to view it or close and ignore it. Choose close and when you go to the home screen, it will show no new SMS.

22. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

The SMS thing isn't a bug. Its because when a text shows and you press close, it assumes you've read it. But if the SMS is too long to show on the notify screen and you close it, THEN it shows the number on the SMS icon.

23. hexonxonx macrumors 601

But the thing is, it doesn't show me the text, just gives me the option to view it or close. If I choose close, since I didn't see the text at all, it should still show it as new.