1.1.3 Jailbreak: Map 'Locate Me' Feature

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by solyd, Jan 30, 2008.

1. solyd macrumors regular

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod (using the official dev method) with the jan. update from ipodtouchmaster, and the feature is unable to locate me despite the website saying I am within the coverage area.

If it works for you, how did you get it to work? - i.e. where did you get the apps from.

2. delude macrumors 6502

It doesn't work for me either. Which is the website you looked at to see the coverage areas?

3. solyd thread starter macrumors regular

4. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

and that was the one feature I was wanting to have on my touch, now it seems I don't have the coverage for it so just another reason to keep with 1.1.2.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

personally I dont see the need for the locate me as well I know where I am at all times lol I dont see why not having this feature is a reason to go back to 1.1.2 surely if you where lost and wanted to use this feature theres two things stopping you from being able to use it anyway:

1) stuck in middle of nowhere with no wifi
    2) find a connection close to you you can easily jump on (I can never find a open connection other than at home or near a cafe with a hotspot

6. mikeinmontreal macrumors member

"Locate me" works with the installer I used: iJailbreak. I think there is a fix with Navizon though. I read that somewhere.

7. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

Locate me works for me. I used iJailbreak.

snverhallen

8. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

The actual use of it's pretty limited but it's just nice to have something as cool as that to wow people with.