1.1.3 Jailbreak... released!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pared, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Pared macrumors 65816

Man, you guys are slow over here! It's been out for about 15 mins now.

http://cre.ations.net/blog

All the directions and files can be found there.

2. TehReaper macrumors regular

haha you beat me to it damn it! =P! im gonna try it now have you tried it yet?! does it delete your old apps?

3. igglepuff macrumors regular

too bad it's only for windows ATM :(

I'm personally going to wait a few days to hear wether stealthsim works with 1.1.3 (should, as its the same baseband)... However, im guessing they're goign to update again next month for the sdk and then end up tossing in a new baseband.. sigh :p

here's hoping os x tools will be out shortly and some tests in to hear if it works or not w piggybacking

EDIT: someone has posted that stealthsim works on a legitimitly activated 1.1.3 on the hackint0sh forum.. however, still goign to wait for numerous reports on jailbroken phones.. *crosses fingers*

4. Pared thread starter macrumors 65816

I only have an iPod touch.... so no, I can't try it. But I am curious to find out some impressions from iPhone owners so I know what to expect. :)

5. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I'm going to try this. Been waiting patiently on 1.1.1 but I have a few crashes on various apps and can't change my timezone from Beijing since that crashes back to Home screen also. Wish me luck :p

6. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Why do I get the feeling that site will be a bit umm... slow for a while. ;)
    I also noticed it's not for phones already running 1.1.3. :(

7. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I'll def wait until its reported to be as stable as the 1.1.2 JB. But great news nontheless.

8. nowaycomputer macrumors newbie

So, just to clarify - if you have a jailbroken, sim unlocked 1.1.1 phone - will this upgrade still allow you to use the phone? Or will the upgrade just turn the iphone into an expensive ipod touch until a sim unlock is released?

9. granka macrumors member

i'm running it right now but for th past 15 minutes it says "checking phone"

i'm running a 1.1.1 jailbroken

anyone having the same problem?

10. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

interested too see if it works with UK OTB o2 (only) sim "unlocked" iphones

not sure why i really need the update but it would be nice.

11. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I had this, then realised I didn't have iTunes installed on my BootCamp partition. Downloaded that, installed, opened it, then ran the iBrickr special and it detected immediately.

Currently doing the update...

12. LukeHarrison macrumors regular

LukeHarrison

Just a quick question. I'm using an OOB 1.1.2 iPhone on O2 PAYG. When the mac tools are released, will this also re-activate my phone so I can still use my PAYG SIM?

Cheers

13. csmitty macrumors regular

let us know how it goes please:D

14. granka macrumors member

I have iTunes installed and everything not sure why it's not recognizing it sucks. hopefully it'll work

15. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know what apps have been adapted for 1.1.3?

16. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

So far:
    iBrickr downloaded whatever it wanted.
    Then asks to download or point to 1.1.3 restore file (I already had so pointed to it).
    Next says needs 1GB and 300mb to uncompress.
    Then uploads new firmware image to phone... 5 minutes into this...message just changed to "Uploading, still. Seriously, I said it would take a while. Just wait it out. It might be a half hour or something."

I guess I'll wait. :D

17. nate94gt macrumors member

thats one thing holding me back right now.....

18. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Do you have iTunes open and the iPhone in the sidebar? I had to otherwise iBrickr wouldn't recognise the phone.

19. csmitty macrumors regular

They said it'd be like 10-15mins for each section, sounds like its going ok.

20. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

what f/w you running currently and do you have unlocked iphone or a semi (o2) unlocked one?

21. csmitty macrumors regular

whoops, for some reason i thought i was in the ipod hacks. well maybe i'll try it on the ipod and see what happens.

22. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I'm on 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked with anysim. It was originally a 1.0.2 US iPhone I bought in Beijing that had all kinds of Chinese mods on it, before I cleaned it up to 1.1.1, jailbroke and unlocked it to work on the many SIMs I have from around the world.

Now to this:

"Alright! That's iBrickr's part of the job done.
    Now, head to Installer on your phone and find the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" package. Install it, and your phone should reboot into 1.1.3, already activated. If you had an unlocked phone, it should still work"

23. granka macrumors member

Yup I just tried that before i saw you say that and it's been almost 10 minutes and still it's doing nothing. what a bummer

24. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

mmmmm i want to try it but if my phone isnt unlocked at the end of it im gona be screwed.

could i restore afterwards or not?

25. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

well i'm about to try it.......if anything goes wrong oh well......;)