1.1.3 Jailbreak - Using Installer FULLY AUTOMATIC

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by phatboy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. phatboy macrumors member

2. CVV1 macrumors member

CVV1

3. jasonmac21 macrumors member

I used ipodtouchmaster's youtube video to jailbreak to 1.1.3 and get the apps and it worked no problem. The only thing is, after you wait about 2 hours, just manually restart your ipod, don't wait for it to do restart itself.

4. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

yea i waited like an hour before rebooting it. . .just to make sure

5. styylus macrumors newbie

do you need to make any disk partition adjustments for this jailbreak method?

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

no disk partitions needed, you just need a jailbroken 1.1.2 and about 1.5 - 2 gigs free, this repo downloads and installs the 1.1.3 jailbreak with the wiggly icons and all you need to do is click install twice and leave it for about half an hour

and by doing this it was still jailbroken with full jan update included? cause when I done it last night it rebooted into 1.1.3 all by itself

7. styylus macrumors newbie

one other question: this is a simplified install of the Dev Team method, correct?

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yes it is, this saves you requiring the need for a pc or mac to jailbreak

9. styylus macrumors newbie

cool, thanks, will probably give this one a go when I'm ready to upgrade; at this point, the benefits just don't outweigh the downsides for me; that new dock is ugly as hell, and I like having custom wallpaper-- the wiggly icons and webclips are just not enough at the moment...

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

its still early days in the jailbreak apps need to be made compliant with the new firmware so that they work 100%, when that happens its gonna get better and better

11. Mackan macrumors 65816

I used ipodtouchmasters's repo, and all went well. Took 30 min. No issues. Apps and wiggly icons enabled, syncing fine with iTunes 7.6. Must say that I like the new doc, actually.

Oh, and did I mention it feels sweet to screw Apple on $20. I would have bought the applications if I could, but there is no iTunes Store in the country I am in... so this is the only way I can get access to the applications. I have absolutely no remorse doing this. Screw you Apple, and thanks to the guys making jailbreaking, etc, possible!

12. twynne macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if this can be run on a Touch that's already at 1.1.3 (iPhone firmware)?

13. jasonmac21 macrumors member

Yeah, for some people it restarts automatically and for others it doesn't. For me it didn't.

Also, I started with a freshly reformatted iPod because for some reason mine froze when I was uninstalling all my old programs.

14. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

sadly no as you need to jailbreak the ipod touch in order to access this, there are plenty of guides on here, if you need help I can help you along getting out of the shackles of official firmware lol

15. twynne macrumors 6502a

Sorry I should have been more clear - it's a 1.1.3 already jailbreak'd. Any ideas? ;)

16. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yeh easy to sort ;)

add this repo as a source then go back to install when it has refreshed, scroll down the catergories and look for iPhone 1.1.3 Applications.

In there install the "The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps." item and your set :)

any problems with password using mail then install the 1.1.3 fix mail item and re-enter password under: Settings --> Mail --> <Email Account> in here enter your password again

17. twynne macrumors 6502a

Hmm... I'm confused by the reply. I'm already running 1.1.3, jailbreak'd, with all apps and it's working. I'm only looking to 'reinstall' 1.1.3 as the jailbreak I used installed the iPhone (rather than Touch) firmware. So I just want to replace the firmware with the correct (Touch) firmware.

As I have access to Installer, I'd like to just use the 'online' jailbreak method discussed in this post. Why would I need/want to install the 1.1.2 apps??? :confused:

18. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ooohhh sorry I thought you meant about the apps lol

errr well I haven't tried doing this from an already jailbroken 1.1.3 but if you add this repository look for the category 1.1.3 JailBreak+iPhone apps and try running that see if it will just reinstall (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BSD SUBSYSTEM INSTALLED), if it fails just use iTunes 7.5 to restore to 1.1.1 and go back up to jailbroken 1.1.2 with BSD subsystem installed.

19. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    deletion?

If I use this 1.1.3 jailbreak on my 1.1.2 jb iPt will it erase my music and videos?

20. davidangel macrumors member

Shouldn't

21. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

ummm. mine is spazzing out. is it supposed to do that? it just finished "writing image" and then the apple logo came up, and now its flashing apple logo-loading wheel-"writingimage99% and its all wierd. PLEASE RESPOND FAST!!

22. Mackan macrumors 65816

You are doomed my friend, I fear your iPod is about to explode. Duck and cover.