1.1.3. Jailbroken iPod Touch wont play music from itunes store

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by CarlisleUnited, Feb 12, 2008.

1. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

title says it all really,
    I jail broke my iTouch with nate's jailbreak and now the music player crashes everytime i play a song bought in the iTMS and i have to force shut down the music player by holding down the home button for 5 seconds, anybody having similar probs?

2. cazlar macrumors 6502

If you jailbroke direct from 1.1.1, this happens. You'll find that although iTunes mobile store works, you can't preview music either. The fix is to not do Nates direct from 1.1.1 (sorry).

3. CarlisleUnited thread starter macrumors 6502

oh ok, i just downgraded to JB1.1.2 more stable, less hassle
    thanks anyway

4. chemwz macrumors newbie

Idea to let music play

Hi,
    I just had an idea that may be silly. What if you burned the purchased music to a cd, then download the cd to itunes, and sync the cd music to the ipod touch that is jailbroken. I am going to try it out, but I'm not sure if it would work. Any ideas on this?

5. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

I really hope all this is worth it.

Does not seem so to me.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you went wrong by going with the nate jailbreak even though it works fine with ipod's it uses iphone update.

I found the best jailbreak for 1.1.3 was ipodtouchmaster's repo: http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

this will upgrade from jailbroken 1.1.2 to an full working 1.1.3 + the apps and extras

7. caa4444 macrumors member

Note, on Nate's site it tells u that his method causes a DRM issue since it uses iPhone Firmware and other ****

8. ExcelonGT macrumors regular

Does anyone else have a fix for this? Although its not a huge problem, I'm sure its a common one out there.

9. Pickleman77 macrumors member

Pickleman77

This happened to me when I used the Nate True jailbreak for 1.1.3, because I went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, rather than going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. Now, this is no longer necessary. All ya gotta do is update to a regular, legit version of 1.1.3 and use ZiPhone to jailbreak it. You should be able to play your music. If not, downgrade to 1.1.1 (Google how to do this, as it's a bit difficult if you are at 1.1.3) Jailbreak that with jailbreakme.com. Then, install OpenSSH, BSD Subsystem, and Oktoprep. Update to 1.1.2 and perform yet another jailbreak, which you should google how to do if you don't already know how. Finally, go to YouTube and find the videos by ipodtouchmaster. Follow his instructions in one of his videos about the 1.1.3 jailbreak from 1.1.2, which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7PsJXI0fg . After you follow his instructions, you will have 1.1.3 jailbroken with your apps working.

The ZiPhone method is easier, but I have yet to test it thoroughly. I used the other method mentioned, which takes a hell of a while.

Hope this helped everyone out!

10. Chris Stroud macrumors member

guys, we just released a newer version of that soft update. it works better than our old one. while we haven't yet gotten it up on our official repo, it is up on the test repo and is very stable.

ishdev.bravehost.com/repo.xml

11. DatDude macrumors newbie

So if we already Jailbroke using the method that messes up the iTunes store, what is the best way to fix it? I added that Source, but didn't see anything that stands out.

12. Robotouch macrumors member

I had this problem

Hey i had this problem too
    But i restored my itouch to 1.1.3
    Then i did the ziphone jailbreak method which is must easier,
    i posted about it already and the music store now works fine
    Hope this helps

13. swearbymac07 macrumors member

I would also recommend. Restoring to 1.1.4. and using ZiPhone 2.5c for OS X or Windows to Jailbreak. Everything works perfectly. The only thing...Customize doesn't work on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 so you (like me :D) will have to do without until the SDK arrives. Hopefully in 2 days time. (I am in Australia, so It is Tuesday the 4th March (9:50 am))

Cheers all!!

14. captnmorgan macrumors newbie

128kbps aac files arent the best audio files around, and doing what you descibed would work but it would also create a monster of a transcode.

google hymn project, itll remove the DRM for you